May 11, 2024, 01:24:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Technical Help  (Read 70890 times)
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2010, 07:42:09 AM »

CLC you've taught me something I didn't even know about this Forum.. I thought the right hand links would take you to the last post posted in a thread, not the last one since your last visit there.

For remembering password, choose "forever" in the dropdown box next to where you put your username and password.

Chris, I just did a search for Ustream and Windows 7 problems and found one message with a link to Uniblue (Registry fixer). The post said this, on a Windows 7 Forum:
http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/5312-ustream-flash-crash-firefox-ie.html

Ustream & Flash crash Firefox and IE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I got Windows 7 just some days ago and I really love it. But there is a minor (?) problem

When I try to watch streams on Ustream, the browsers crash. I think it has to do with Flashplayer somehow, because Ustream is based on flash. I'm using build 7048.

I really love Windows 7, but I probably love watching NHL on the computer more. So...anyone else experience the same problem? Any solution?

and someone replied:

lol i do the same to watch pistons games... i didnt have any problems with flash on ie with 7048 and dont have any with 7057 now...

you might want to try reinstalling flash

So maybe it could be a Flash problem.. what do you think?

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
PeggyJean

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »

Yea, I guess he taught us all something! ... Because I thought it was a link to the top post of the last page.

PeggyJean
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2010, 07:56:32 AM »

Yea, I guess he taught us all something! ... Because I thought it was a link to the top post of the last page.

I'm going to have to experiment a bit with that link as I'm not sure if he is right yet..  whistle  lollol Normally I have notifications to threads I watch, so I've rarely used the link on the right.

Doralyn

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »

Chris/SL w/oS is right because I clicked on the blue button for new posts and read the whole story form there to here, i.e., all the posts I hadn't read before.   nod2

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
Doralyn

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2010, 06:50:24 AM »

Laura, since the beginning of the forum I have experienced problems with signing in which I've just lived with, but it's "getting old" Angry and maybe now is a good time to ask for you to look into it.

When I put my name into the box on the top, upper left, to sign in I put "D" and my name appears in the dropdown and I click on it and it puts my name there and fills in my password, but it always says that my password is incorrect.  This morning I typed my password in first and then my name and it still said my password was incorrect exclamation When I fill in the screen saying it was incorrect, it takes it.  It's a lot of bother not to be able to just sign in up in the corner.  I know it has my correct password because I know how many letters it has and on occasion it does work.

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2010, 08:02:29 AM »

Doralyn, I don't really know for sure, but as far as I am aware, the Forum itself does not give a drop down option for filling in your username and password, in which case it sounds like it's a Windows or browser issue. I have never used the option to allow Windows to remember my passwords, but I do use the "Forever" option on the Forum login screen so that I never have to type in my username and password. Have you noticed the drop down option that says something like "stay logged in for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, forever"? Try actually logging right out be specifically clicking on "log out" and then try logging in again.

I just don't know what else to suggest becasue the drop down box is not a feature of this Forum software. Let me know how you get on. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Doralyn

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2010, 08:14:57 AM »

I have always had the "forever option" selected.  I did what you suggested, making those choices again to be sure, but the same thing happens. 

When you say you never have to type your name and password, do you mean you never log out, even when you leave the forum and shut your computer down?

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »

Well, yes, I do log out sometimes, but not always. When I leave the Forum, I just close the browser windows and shut the computer down. When I start up again in the morning, I do not need to "sign in", it remembers my username and password. If you are actually clicking on "log out" then the "forever" option is overridden and yes, you would need to sign in again. 

Once you close your browser window you are in effect logged out and will not appear on the online list, especially if you do shut down all browser windows. However, the Forum software allows you to retain the username and password information in the box next to where it says "forever", unless you select 1 Hour - but I've never tested that. Your problem might be a cookies or Windows Passwords problem, I just don't know.

Doralyn

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »

Ahhh, so if I just don't log out, I won't have to type in anything. 

Am a correct in assuming that this program remembers that I didn't log out and so I'm automatically already signed in when I bring up the forum, BUT that no other entity knows that?  Neither any other site, web page, person on this forum, etc.?  Also, if I just close the window or put something else up in it, then I appear to be "not online" in the forum pages?

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »

I never gave it much thought before and always assumed that if you were logged in, then without logging out you closed all browser windows that you would then drop off the online list. I just ran a test using another computer and although I closed all the windows, the other computer, (where I was viewing as a guest), showed me as being online still. I was wrong about this and assumed that closing all browser windows would sign you out, but it seems your name will still remain on the online list, but for how long, I do not know.

You asked "Am a correct in assuming that this program remembers that I didn't log out and so I'm automatically already signed in when I bring up the forum? That is my understanding - it's not the Forum software as such, but it must put a cookie on your computer, because if you go to another computer and launch the Forum, then of course it won't know who you are and you would have to sign in again.

I do not really understand what you mean by "BUT that no other entity knows that?  Neither any other site, web page, person on this forum, etc.? " The only one I can answer is "person on this forum" - yes, it would appear that your name remains on the online list unless you sign out.

Doralyn

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »

Thanks, Laura, let's try this.  I am going to not log off, but I am going to shut this window down for a long while as I am on my way outside to work (for several hours).  When I come back in, I will come back to the forum and see, #1 if I'm still signed in, and #2 if in the meantime you post here that I am/or am not shown as being "online" with the little green box by my name, and if you happen to notice, for how long (one of your questions) or if it just stays the same.  OK?  Bye, I'm leaving now.

--------
By the way, I love how easy it is to modify a post without all those time thingys at the bottom of a post.  I even correct my spelling in old posts if I happen to notice it, just because it's so easy to do.

Jwnix

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2010, 09:30:24 AM »

I never log out.....yet it shows me time as 15hours and 51mins. currently. I have no idea how that is tracked----can you see the time I have logged in as well? or is that only for my information?
I was wrong about this and assumed that closing all browser windows would sign you out, but it seems your name will still remain on the online list, but for how long, I do not know.

Josephine
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2010, 09:38:21 AM »

Well, Judy did find a method of removing that "time online" feature, I just haven't had time to do that also, sorry. I'll get round to it because I think it's distracting and probably not all that accurate.

I don't know if anyone can tell how long another person has been online or not, it's possible Admins can, but I've never looked.

Doralyn, at 11:37 your time, you show as online.

I didn't understand what you meant by this, but am glad you are finding some things nice to use - "without all those time thingys at the bottom of a post" - what time thingys? I think this software is really nice and it grows on you the more you use it. I like that I can modify it as much as I can too, it's just a matter of how much time I have.

willpatt

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »

Doralyn, 9:09AM PST(12:09EST) and you are Offline as shown in your post above.

The only thing I log out of is my bank. When I go out or to bed, I just close all windows and leave the computer on. If you turn it off all the time, components get heated and cooled and after awhile they just CRACK exclamation lollol

SAVE OUR WILDLIFE
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »

I just checked also and you're not showing as online any more at 12:14 your time.

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: