April 29, 2024, 07:59:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Technical Help  (Read 70466 times)
NJudy

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »

I would like to have my e-mail removed from my profile.  I tried change profile, but it doesn't go away.  I have checked hide e-mail, but an envelope is next to my name in the members list.  Is there a way for it to be removed, so that my address is not visible.
Do you do that, or do I?
Thanks,
Judy
Doralyn

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2011, 08:12:18 PM »

I would like to have my e-mail removed from my profile.  I tried change profile, but it doesn't go away.  I have checked hide e-mail, but an envelope is next to my name in the members list.  Is there a way for it to be removed, so that my address is not visible.
Do you do that, or do I?
Thanks,
Judy
Hi, NJudy,
I had the same questions, along with many others about seeing the email icon in both my profile and in the member list, but if you have chosen to hide it, which you have because I see "hidden" in your profile and I DO NOT see the email icon next to your name in the member list, then be assured it is not available to anyone else.  Only you can see your own email in your profile and an icon in the member list.  I believe the administrators are also able to see it in your profile because they are the gatekeepers here.  (Judy, JudyB, and Laura).

More on this is on p. 1 of this thread in "Reply 6" which I wrote back in November.  I hope this helps. bigsmile

Doralyn

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
NJudy

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2011, 08:50:07 PM »

Doralyn,
Thank you for checking...It's a relief to know that my e-mail is no showing.....

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »

When I went to upload my latest pictures from Jordan Lake to PhotoBucket, it looked as if I'd have to upload them one at a time - normally I can click on the first one and shift-click on the last one and upload as a group.  I emailed PB to ask about that, and this is what they said:

We have learned there is an issue with Adobe's latest version of Flash which is incompatible with our flash-based uploader.  We have been told Adobe is aware of the problem, as it has affected some functionality on other websites as well.

In the meantime, please try the bulk uploader for images:

http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/Content/Upload/BulkUploader.htm

You may also try uploading images or videos via email:

http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/Content/Upload/EmailPIN.htm

We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The email thing only works for folders on the top level of your account, and the bulk uploader involves clicking on each picture in order, and I'm not sure about the options for assigning titles, which has been part of the upload process before.  No clue when this might be resolved, but wanted to let you know it's a "known issue"!

Dutch Eagle Fan

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »

I did have a Adobe Flash player update this weekend and I too noticed the issue with multiple file upload on PB.
I used the bulk uploader instead, worked fine for me. I use Firefox as a browser.
Only one thing to be aware of: If you use the bulk-uploader make sure you select the pictures in reverse order! Especially important if you want to post a sequence of screenshots.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

Dutch Peregrine Falcon forum
PattiO

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »

I've been having a terrible time with Adobe ever since their upgrade to Adobe X.  There was an update a few days and it has been better since then.  I wasn't having problems uploading pics with PB though ... I had problems with the whole thing crashing.  It would shut down the cams on me as well as the PB page.
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »

Thanks for the hint, DEF!  I found I could give them titles as I uploaded them, and then use the Organizer to sort alphabetically by title - which works for me because I use the date and sequence number as part of the title.

willpatt

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »

Good morning Smiley Problem: The index(table of contents) seems wrong. I was looking for White Rock Cam but under "Cams" I found discussion topics. "Cams" should give me cameras I thought. Anyway can someone help me find the "White Rock Camera"...oops guess it would be under Hancock Wild Life Foundation blush2 But I am still confused about "cams" for "discussions" puzzled2

SAVE OUR WILDLIFE
Birder

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »

HI Will..not sure this is what your looking for but here goes..

The links for the White Rock cam are in the first paragraph on page one of the thread..there is one for "Close-up-cam" and another for the "Wide-angel-cam"..they both open up as new windows so you can actually have both up at once.     
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »

Thank you birder. Indeed the links for the cams should be in the first post of every thread that relates to a webcam, so the White Rock links would be in this post, the first one of the thread.

http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=46.msg101#msg101

Hope this helps, Will.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
willpatt

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2011, 04:45:02 PM »

Thank you birder. Indeed the links for the cams should be in the first post of every thread that relates to a webcam, so the White Rock links would be in this post, the first one of the thread.

http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=46.msg101#msg101

Hope this helps, Will.

Thankyou Laura and Birder bigsmile At the top, yes I never thought to look there rolleyes2

SAVE OUR WILDLIFE
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

Always happy to help, Will. Sometimes the Forum can seem dauntingly long and confusing. I have to admit I stick to the threads I am familiar with and rarely venture anywhere else and often have to ask for help too. We do try to have the formula though of keeping the first post of any thread as a place to put the most relevant info and links. I started a thread called "what are you watching" under  "Daily Friendly Chat, Creative & Information Topic". The idea was that it could become a one-stop place to find out what's of interest at any given time.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
willpatt

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »

I'll keep trying but I'm stuck again on changing my Post time or whatever it is called. Any help question

SAVE OUR WILDLIFE
CLC

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:32 AM »

Will go to Profile.. then on left click Look and Layout Preferences. If your changing for daylight savings time add one hour to the # in the
Time Offset:
Remember to click on the "change profile" button at the bottom of the Profile screen.
Hope this helps... bigsmile

Sir Lance  All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten
willpatt

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »

I had a -1 in there and changed it to 0, then to -2. Should be one or the other exclamation Had it right the first time -1+1 = 0. Zero worked but I had to post to check it. Thanks Chris exclamation

SAVE OUR WILDLIFE
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: