April 27, 2024, 12:29:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement - February 21 2022  (Read 5732 times)
JudyB
Administrator

« on: February 21, 2022, 04:22:15 PM »

Forum May Go Offline

The WOW forum hasn't had a major update since we set it up back in 2010, and it's pretty much worked OK with occasional minor tweaks, so we have been going with the "if it ain't broke, why fix it" plan. I've recently received a notice from BlueHost, the company where we rent server space for the forum, that they are upgrading their servers - which makes sense from a security perspective, but which might mean that we will no longer be able to connect to the forum. I hope that doesn't happen - the last time there was an upgrade, their tech support helped us get the forum back online in a day or two. But if it's more complicated, it may take longer. I'm going to send an email bcc to those WOW forum members who have logged in during the past year to let folks know what is happening, and I also plan to post updates (if needed) on my WildlifeCamWatch forum.  Link to the thread there is http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=46 and you don't need to be a member there to read the thread.

We have new member registration turned off on that forum because we get a lot of fake people trying to register - but if we end up using the thread, I'll turn it on so people can register and post.

I'm hoping the update will work without any problems and none of this will matter - but am trying to cover all bases just in case.

Wish us all luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: