April 28, 2024, 04:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Technical Help  (Read 70442 times)
Marcia

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »

Will, it should be set to 0 for the pacific time zone  bigsmile
willpatt

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »

Will, it should be set to 0 for the pacific time zone  bigsmile

Yup, I got it now, thanks Marcia exclamation

SAVE OUR WILDLIFE
Lori

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2011, 06:43:45 AM »

Anyone else having issues logging out since the update last night?
I've tried in both my IE and Firefox browsers and I can't log out...
I get this message:
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

So I guess I am now officially here forever. If you see me here and I don't answer you, I'm not really here. mhihi lollol nod2
Doralyn

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2011, 07:21:19 AM »

Well, I just logged out and then in all right, Lori.  Yesterday I was thrown off the forum again (has happened several times this week) while posting again, so we'll see if there was an issue that got corrected in the maintainance session overnight.  I know this probably doesn't help you, sorry, but I tried to give you a little feedback.  Hope it straightens out for you.

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
Doralyn

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »

Something is not working correctly on the forum now.  It is a major hassel to post anything at times.

1.  I get logged out spontaneously, and it says I "have to be a member to post".

2.  Or I get post saying things that are not accurate/true:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
No subject was filled in.
The message body was left empty.

3.  No subject The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: No subject was filled in.    

I've never filled in a subject before, why now?Huh?

roger

« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »

Something is not working correctly on the forum now.  It is a major hassel to post anything at times.

A good thing to try is to clear your browser cache.  In Firefox, it's under "privacy" in the preferences.  It's a link called "clear your recent history". in the dialog box that pops up, select 'cache' only.    A second step may be to erase the cookie set by 'window-on-wildlife'.  The cookies can be deleted from the same area of "privacy". 
If you have both Firefox and IE installed, try using the other browser to post, see if that helps. 
I realize that if you have 2 browsers that you want to use 1 or the other, but using the other browser can help figure out where the problem is.  If it was a forum issue, everybody would be having troubles.

Sometimes if the forum software is updated, the old code could be hanging around in your cache, clearing the cache help those types of problems.   the 'cache' is where your browser stores files as it browses the web.  When you go to a page, the browser grabs a copy from the cache instead of downloading from the remote server again.  the cache can help speed up browsing, but it can lead to oddball problems.
Doralyn

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »

Thanks, roger, I'm using IE, all I have to use.  And I do those clearences every day.  Lori was having issues after the update overnight also.  puzzled2

I did clear browser history again, and that  logged me out rolleyes2

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »

Doralyn, no promises, but if I find some spare time I will try to look into this more for you. I cannot help thinking that the problem is with your own computer though as no one else is having the same issues. Have you tried logging in from a different location? This would certainly narrow it down to whether it was your own personal log-in, the PC or the Forum itself. If you have a moment you could search the Simple Machines Community Forum for a possible solution by entering some of the error messages you are getting. They are very helpful. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php. Let me know how you get on and Roger, thanks for your input too.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
Tonya

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »

Hi JudyB.     Here is the time and date that I had trouble with the forum

11:58 AM  Thursday  -  Was already on the forum, clicked on refresh and got a totally blank page.....  I then hit go back arrow to last page and that didn't work.   With blank pg. up I tried to reload the link, no luck, I finally clicked to the link to our old forum, left a brief note saying I couldn't get into new forum and tried the new forum link again and finally made it back in.....   This is the first time this has happened to me..... 
I am using Internet Explorer 8, my computer runs Windows 7 home premium  with a 64 bit - dual processor......   Hopefully this will help....

RIP MAMA NORFOLK...  4-26 -2011
PattiO

« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »

That sounds to be about the same time I had trouble.  I was typing out a post in NCTC ... when I clicked post the screen went blank.  I refreshed a few times and still nothing...just a blank page.  I closed it and came later and it worked fine ... but I lost my post.   rolleyes2
neat

« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2011, 04:12:55 PM »

7:10pm 3/31/11
Cam froze then lost picture. had to close and re-open again. Then it was ok.
Doralyn

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »

Posts requested by JudyB bigsmile

Information regarding forum spontaneous shut down on Thursday, March 31, 2011

Copy from Cam 1 Discussion: (NOTE the exact times are in the restatement below)
I got this message about 15-20+ /- minutes ago and couldn't get on.

HTTP Error 500 Internal server error.
I went to Google for an explanation:  Explained: HTTP Error 500 Internal server error. Introduction. The Web server (running the Web Site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from ...

It took a while before I could get it to come back up.

Earlier, around 9:30 am, the same thing happened on this site and froze my whole selection of open windows except my picture file.  Shut down, rebouted about 11:23 am and got on the forum,

AND: This was a restatement and explanation from later, with the times:

RE: Freezing: The cam didn't freeze for me, the forum did.  I don't think I made that clear above.  I could not do anything here, type, change pages, move down the pages, nothing worked either time. The first time (around (9:30 am) I discovered the forum and every other window open was affected but my pic file on my computer. I LOST unsaved personal communicasions in progress.  

When I cam back way more than an hour later (11:24 pm) after shutting my computed down, I rebouted, cleared all SSL states and browser history and cookies, and came back and got on......and then it happened again (12:21 pm) on this site, but this time, only the forum froze and I noticed in the url line above the Internal Server 500 error I posted above..  So I waited and did other stuff and came back and got gack on.

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2011, 03:11:06 AM »

Several of us early birds got frozen out of the Forum this morning for about 7 or 8 minutes at about 05:50 Maine time. I was in the middle of posting and then got "this page cannot be displayed". It rectified itself and we were all able to get back in. Some went to the old Forum to report that we could not get in.

Shoebutton

« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »

Since there are quite a few pages, instead of reading all, I'm just going to ask -

Is there a setting in our profiles, that I could perhaps set for posting in threads and after
posting, I stay in the thread verses getting brought back to the forum subject lines?

I hope that makes sense.  lol

♥♥♥ "Laughter Is An Instant Vacation" ♥♥♥ Milton Berle
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

Shoebutton, yes. If you open a window in which to type the message to post, i.e., if you click on "reply", down at the bottom, under the textbox, there is a hyperlink that says "Additional Options". Click on it and then select  "Return to this topic". That should do it.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: