December 13, 2017, 05:22:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WDFW Washington Osprey Cam  (Read 57053 times)
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2015, 09:06:42 AM »

Reserved -

I've seen some quick visits since I think the resident osprey left - one or two pairs of adults, not really acting as if this was home, but perhaps thinking of checking it out in the spring - and an occasional fledgling who didn't stay long.  Again, I need all my pictures in one place to tell the story.

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2015, 09:07:09 AM »

This sequence is from about noon on August 26.  One adult was on the nest, then a second adult landed - and I do not think this is a bonded pair!  It does seem likely that one might be the resident male, torn between defending the nest and not attacking a female (which is generally not a wise move, as they are usually larger so could inflict serious damage).  But this is a refresh cam, so not easy to know quite what is happening.  I have 9 pictures, taken over about 7 minutes, so am going to try posting them as thumbnails, all of which should click bigger.

Here's the larger version of the first picture in the middle row:

I had to leave after that, and when I got back to my desk, they were gone.

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2015, 09:34:03 AM »

I saw two brief visits by an adult on August 27 - so maybe Dad is still in the area.

The first is from about 6:30 am

and the other two are from around 1:20 pm

I haven't seen anyone yet today - and I do think the fledgling has left.  I've seen a youngster a couple of times - but never one that stayed for more than a couple of minutes, so I'm thinking it's more likely a visitor on migration, checking to see if there was a fish lying about.  I'd think if it was one of the resident chicks, he or she would call for a while.  But maybe not.  This is a nest that doesn't get a lot of attention, so any dates are usually guesses - and we know the nest was empty on July 20, so both chicks had fledged by then (and maybe sooner). Smiley

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2015, 07:20:05 AM »

September 2, 2015
7:15 am

The nest and area are lovely this morning

- and I haven't noticed anyone visiting for a couple of days, though I haven't been watching constantly.

PattiO

« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2016, 08:42:03 PM »

Nest is overgrown with grass.... but both Osprey have returned.  Cam is working ... can't wait to see the transformation!
Sherri

« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »

Such a shame ....  sosad

PattiO

« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:25 AM »

banghead gaah lump hammer
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: