January 22, 2018, 03:13:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lily the Black Bear  (Read 29673 times)
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2013, 07:01:26 AM »

(((((Patti)))))

I'm sorry to hear the news.

PattiO

« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »

Well ... being so angry about this last night got me into trouble.  I've been blocked from FB for 12 hours.   rolleyes2
hermit

« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »

Patti, I don't blame you for being angry.  That is so sad.  crying
Sherri

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2013, 03:10:20 PM »

Oh dear God, what is this world coming to with such uncaring people with their finger on a trigger. crying crying

Rest in peace, dear Dot and know that you were loved by many.  love
nightengale

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »

Yep, we are a gun totin' society .... people just don't seem to feel American without their finger on a trigger .... too bad many don't have an ounce of knowledge or common sense ... makes me sick to hear this news 

RIP dear Dot .....

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

PattiO

« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »

Another collared bear has been killed ... sweet, dear June... at least they think she's been killed.   crying

The DNR gave them the radio collar but would not even give them a respectable answer as to what happened to her!!!  Everyone thinks they are telling the the hunters to kill the collared bears.  Sad  AND, she has 2 cubs who will have a very hard time surviving the winter without their Mama.   crying

http://www.bearstudy.org/website/updates/daily-updates/2124-june-killed-update-september-29-2013-.html
Sherri

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2013, 03:30:36 PM »

Patti, if that is true......it's disgusting!   crying
nightengale

« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »

OMG!      this bullying of Dr. Rogers is turning into a war against black bears ....  the narrative states ....

"..... Beginning to think the worst, Sue drove to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Office in Tower, MN, where she found the telemetry signal from June’s radio-collar coming from the building....."

.... from the building!? ...... and no one thought about notifying the Wildlife Research Institute!?

What a strong message of disrespect. There is no good going on in that part of the woods! .... and they're rubbing the Institute's nose in it

They are making good on their threat  ....

“DNR officials have indicated they are likely to enforce their decision against Rogers regardless of any ruling by an administrative law judge.”  

How awful!!!!

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

PattiO

« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »

The DNR finally confirmed that June has been killed.  I really do not understand what is going on out there.  The hearing is not until February!!!!!!!  Sad

http://www.bearstudy.org/website/updates/daily-updates/2125-more-on-june-update-september-30-2013-.html
nightengale

« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:51 PM »

The DNR finally confirmed that June has been killed.  I really do not understand what is going on out there.  The hearing is not until February!!!!!!!  Sad

http://www.bearstudy.org/website/updates/daily-updates/2125-more-on-june-update-september-30-2013-.html

Patti .... I think it is pretty clear ... the DNR are not going to wait for the hearing in February .... they are going to pick off the bears one by one ... no bears with collars ... no permit to put new collars on bears ..... no research .... no need for Dr. Rogers. They are going to extremes to get their way.

Remember what they said...
“DNR officials have indicated they are likely to enforce their decision against Rogers regardless of any ruling by an administrative law judge.”

I really don't think that the wounding of Aster and the killing of June and Dot in a relatively short period of time is attributed to bad luck .... they said they would enforce their decision ... and it appears that they are going to do that one way or another. Maybe I'm way off base ... but I don't think this was fate ... something doesn't smell right.

~Chris~ 

nightengale

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2013, 09:24:06 PM »

Dr. Rogers' legal fund has skyrocketed to over 77K! 

~Chris~ 

LizzieB

« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:53 AM »

The Mayor of Ely has made a terrific statement in his column in The Ely Echo - see penultimate paragraph in Dr. Rogers Update for 6th October

http://www.bearstudy.org/website/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2131:jewel-the-orphans-and-the-mayor--update-october-6-2013-&catid=35:daily-updates&Itemid=100169

The bird thinks it a favor to give the fish a lift in the air
(Rabindranath Tagore 1861-1941)
Sherri

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2013, 03:17:30 AM »

Lizzie, thanks for bringing the article here.....

Nice that the mayor spoke up against the DNR and specific officials........however, his message was all about
money.....and the hate mails and harassment he is getting.  
Perhaps he would like to get a few of the mails that Dr Rogers gets!!  Angry

I didn't see a word of compassion or sadness for the loss of the bears.  crying  crying

nightengale

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »

I agree Sherri. All of these 'powers that be' have their own personal agendas and most have nothing to do with protecting and studying the bears. We live in a very narcissistic society. Dr Rogers and his team are in the fight of their lives ... they appear to be the only local entity that has the bear's best interest at heart.... most others would just as soon see the bears exterminated and some have made it their mission to do exactly that. I don't promote 'hate' mail ... but the Mayor has to realize that the world is watching and they don't like what they see happening in Ely ...

....it is shameful

~Chris~ 

MaryG

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »

And I agree, also. 

The situation is heartbreaking and doesn't appear to be easing up.  I guess the most help we can give is to continue to write letters supporting Dr. Roger's quest.
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: