January 22, 2018, 03:17:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoo Atlanta Panda Cam  (Read 175280 times)
Beth

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 07:44:29 AM »

CBS Early Show - ZA's new cub is a BOY  love

Posted on BCAW by Carly...
PattiO

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »

Awwwwwwwwwwwww ...... another boy!   love (I was hoping for a girl though)  lollol bigsmile
hermit

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 01:54:27 PM »

From Zoo Atlanta:

Thursday November 18,
Lun Lun and the cub got plenty of sleep last night, which is good because they had a big morning ahead of them. CBS’s Early Morning show taped a live cub exam this morning and announced the sex – it’s a boy!

While the vet staff tended to the cub during the exam, the keepers tended to Lun, making sure that she was stress-free and eating while the cub was away. I’m so excited to have watched the sex of the cub be announced, because it’s been such a hard secret to keep!
Kris Gelhardt
Seasonal Keeper, Mammals

CBS Early Show video here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7066684n&tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea
birdofprey

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »

Thank you hermit and Beth. I wish I was one of those vets and could get to hold and cuddle the cubbie like they did!  love mhihi
nightengale

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

Thank you so much hermit and Beth!

He is adorable beyond words!

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

hermit

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »

From Zoo Atlanta:

Friday, November 19
During yesterday’s exam of the cub, the vets weighed him and took body measurements. From the tip of his nose, to the tip of his tail, the cub is 30.7 cm long (his tail constitutes 5.7 cm of the total length!). His nose is 2 cm wide. Neck girth is 13.8 cm, chest girth is 19.5 cm and abdominal girth is 21 cm. He weighs 486 grams. Scroll down to the Saturday, November 13, update to see how much he has grown in just 6 days.
Heather Baker Roberts
Carnivore Keeper II

(This was Saturday, November 13:   Its weight is 297 grams. Its chest girth is 17 cm. Its total length was not measured, but its head is 4.5 cm long and its tail is an amazing 5 cm in length.)

Beth

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 05:06:22 PM »

love Thanks  love hermit love 
PattiO

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »

love love thumbsup1  He's sooooooooooooo cute!
Beth

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 05:56:02 AM »

birdofprey

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »

I love the cute-o-meter, Beth.  wink2

Here's a video of the SDZ pandas enjoying their newly renovated and designed exhibit areas.  love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EQ0Kt19DOc
hermit

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »

I like the cute-o-meter, too, Beth.   bigsmile  Thanks for the video, BOP.   bigsmile  I've never seen such dirty bears!   mhihi

From Zoo Atlanta:

Saturday, November 20
This morning Lun Lun kept me very busy.  She left the cub several times to eat and drink, and also to urinate and defecate in the adjacent den.  Heather provided Lun with yellow groove bamboo last night and it wasn't a huge hit.  This morning I had the same experience, so after I cleaned up the den, I removed all of the yellow groove and gave her black bamboo instead.  Getting her to eat biscuits and fruit is no problem, but she's less interested in bamboo right now.  I had several species to try throughout the day, so today's mission was to find one that she likes.
Megan Wilson, Ph.D.
Assistant Curator of Mammals

Beth

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »

Thank you for the video BOP and new news hermit...I didn't think they would update us  arrow "today" ...
hermit

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »

From Zoo Atlanta:

Sunday, November
I hope tonight will be a quiet one for me, though it never seems that way when I am here. When arriving on shift, we always try to communicate what has been going on the shift before. I always seem to hear that Lun and the cub were good and sleeping most of the time. That is normally the opposite of what I seem to experience. I might get some resting from the two of them, but that only last about 20 minutes on average.  Either Lun does something to disturb the cub, or the cub is upset over something. Then it takes them a while to settle back down.  It also never fails that if I start to work on a project, one starts the cycle all over again. I couldn't even get through writing this update without being interrupted by them. I'm looking forward to the days when the cub can self-regulate its body temperature and Lun is eating normally again. Then hopefully things will be a little quieter.
Joseph T. Svoke
Carnivore Keeper III

Beth

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 02:05:34 PM »

Monday, November 22 Update...

Lun and cub are sleeping now. Mom is lying on her side with the cub tucked under
her arm like a little teddy bear.
It’s amazing that one day this tiny cub could be as big as Yang Yang.
This cub is definitely working on growing with how much he is nursing.
It seems like every time I come back from my weekend he has grown!
Kris Gelhardt
Seasonal Keeper

Website photo today ...

Cub gallery photo ...
hermit

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 02:20:06 PM »

Thank you, Beth.   bigsmile  Cute pictures.  Lun Lun looks like she's smiling.
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: