October 22, 2017, 03:34:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lake Washington Eagle Cam  (Read 95517 times)
PattiO

« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »

Probably going to start a new page ... 7/14 pics one post back.

This is from this morning.  They were both very active and up on all the branches.  For the past hour or so I haven't really seen them but I think the younger one is in the 5/6 o'clock position of the nest ... you can see it's backside.   mhihi   I'm thinking the older one may have either fledged or is way up on the branches out of view.  Hard to know at this point.

kdg

« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2014, 09:20:45 PM »

This evening it looks like there is no more nest!?  Both eaglets are visible on their respective branches at 12 and 3.

kdg
PattiO

« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »

Wow ... I can't believe how fast it just keeps falling away!!   eek!  Barely any space for one to rest.  I hope they will be OK.  I'm more worried about the younger one.  I can only see the one at the 12 right now.  The one at the 3 (ish) must have went up higher. 

No nest makes fish deliveries harder .... don't know if the eaglets have the "how to" to eat a fish perched on a branch...??  The sooner they fledge and can land on the ground the better I think. 
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2014, 09:50:30 PM »

9:48 pm
Definitely not much left.

I know the eaglets have been hanging out on the branches, so I'm guessing that's where they are tonight, or else in the bit of the nest behind the trunk.  Hopefully we'll continue to see them come and go.

They are 11-1/2 weeks old, so should be ready to fledge soon, if they haven't yet.  Keeping fingers crossed.

PattiO

« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »

The whole thing is pretty much gone.  Been checking in most of the day (still morning out there!).  Still trying to decide if the older fledged or not.  Wasn't seeing the younger one all morning but just realized it's been sitting in that little space at the 5 o'clock.  AND, just a few minutes ago an adult brought food it to it.... then the older one appeared.  Smiley

PattiO

« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:43 AM »

The older one is looking at the younger one here ... you see some of it's white feathers.

PattiO

« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »

Well, all I can say is it's a good thing this happened LATER instead of SOONER ... like Lake Jordan.

I haven't caught a juvie in the tree in quite a few days.  I hope they are both doing OK.  It will be interesting to see if the adults rebuild here or not.
Such a shame after finally having eaglets again this year.

Quite a difference from April to July ...

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »

Thanks for the comparison picture, Patti - and wow.

Be safe, young ones.  love

PattiO

« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2014, 09:24:23 PM »

Still cam is running again ... no signs of any nest rebuilding yet.  I guess they're hoping!   pray
kdg

« Reply #339 on: January 04, 2015, 07:59:10 PM »

If you compare present view with the last pic from August... there are lots of green boughs in the nest area.  I can't tell if it is a tree growing up there or stuff brought in by the eagles to rebuild the nest?!

kdg
PattiO

« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »

I noticed that too ... I can't tell either!   puzzled2
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »

Hi folks.  Not sure, but looking at night, I'm thinking this is something growing out from the tree, and not part of a nest.  Keeping fingers crossed - but I'm thinking the eagles may be planning to take a year off or nest elsewhere.

kandc

« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2015, 06:04:55 PM »

Started checking this nest a couple weeks ago and was surprised that it was on!!  So glad spring is around the corner.  When I first started looking there was nothing in the old nest area.  then a couple days ago I noticed branches and greenery had been brought in.  Pretty sure its not tree growth since it wasn't there a few days ago.  I will be hopeful, now if we could just see some eagles!! 
kandc

« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2015, 07:23:34 PM »

Well I was mistaken about the tree branches. But....just checked the cam and there was a eagle there in the old nest area.  Don't know if its building a nest or not but I will keep checking and be hopeful that they will start building a nest. 
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: