January 22, 2018, 09:17:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maine Common Loon Cam  (Read 65332 times)
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #750 on: July 21, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »

Who knows.. there's very little communication from BRI.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
nightengale

« Reply #751 on: July 21, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »

sigh2 ... I know Laura ... such a shame ... they get a F in webcam projects ... get a loyal following ... just in time to, poof ... pull the plug ... no more cam... ugh.

Still off Air  rolleyes2  ... sad situation, very, very sad.

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #752 on: July 27, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »

Just found this on the Ning site...

Comment by Patrick C. Keenan 5 hours ago

Hi Folks, Just got on site to find and solve the issue.  We missed the hatch but the loons are swimming about as a family.  Thanks for all your support.  Hope this news meets you well.  Have a great day!  also a great visit to TOM wish I could make it.  Please post photos!

I am thrilled there was a hatch, but I can't even begin to express my disappointment at this unreliable cam and the lack of any information from BRI. I do understand that to stream a wildlife webcam in a remote location is extremely difficult and we all are loyal and only wishing to share, but it's the lack of communication and interaction which really confuses me. I'm feeling so sad to have not been able to hear and see this occasion again.  crying

nightengale

« Reply #753 on: July 27, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »

I am beyond disappointed with regard to BRI ... as much as I hate to say it, they need to get out of the cam business ... they just don't know how to run a cam operation ... just ridiculous ... it's a joke.

... sorry that is the way I feel sigh2

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

nightengale

« Reply #754 on: November 18, 2016, 06:33:09 PM »

BRI has gotten out of the cam  business .... probably a good thing as it always seemed a tremendous burden to them ..... but they continue their research, their strong point .... here is an article on their 'Restore the Call'  Program ... an effort to revive the loon population .....

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2016/Conservationists_hope_to_bring_beloved_bird_back/id-8a88212ab9f447889b8f879ccf176a7b

~Chris~ 

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #755 on: November 19, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »

Thank you Chris. Yes, maybe a burden to BRI running the cams, but I will always be grateful to them for the Peregrines, the Loons and of course the wonderful Maine Bald Eagle cam which I miss the most. I do wish them luck in all they do.

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: