October 22, 2017, 03:45:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northeast Florida Eagle Cam  (Read 51624 times)
PattiO

« Reply #420 on: February 10, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »

I hadn't checked on them this week ... been sick with a cold. Sad  I hope she can be returned quickly.
PattiO

« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »

I sure hope they can put her back soon.

AEF-NEFL Here is our "Star", Peace, on the scale this morning at Audubon weighing in at 5.74 pounds. We believe Peace to be a small male with good weight for a 7 wk eaglet. Blood work has been done and sent, and the gender will be confirmed in approximately one week. We do already have some results and blood test proved no lead. Peace's ears indicated no blood present and checked out fine. The radiographs were perfect, and muscles were felt and appeared good. Peace could move both feet in a normal fashion as well as open talons. At this point there appears to be a possible injury to the right leg, and we are waiting on additional results from blood work conducted. Otherwise there appears to be no other problems. Audubon is working closely with AEF and quickly providing updates we will share as available.

PattiO

« Reply #422 on: February 13, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »

Not seeing any new news yet on Peace.

Hope looks lonely. Sad

PattiO

« Reply #423 on: February 15, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »

Still no new news on Peace.  Hope is eating well though.  Very windy in the south today.

Ferenz

« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2017, 09:53:42 AM »

NE Florida Eaglet Rescue Memo

Update Feb. 17, 2017

“Peace” is a most special patient at Audubon with his own special mew (enclosure) inside their clinic. He has received PT (physical therapy) to help with his walking. He still is hesitant with his foot, but can stand and put weight on it, and was perching this morning. He is eating and gaining small amounts of weight each day. Audubon continues to test blood every 48 hours to rule out anything neurological, but there is no diagnosis yet. We hope to officially know “Peace’s” sex by Monday!

AEF-NEFL UPDATE ON PEACE: "It's a boy!" Yes, the Audubon clinic confirmed Peace is male through blood results just received. They pushed him a little harder on his physical therapy today, and they are still working on his balance issue, but he's doing well!

AEF-NEFL UPDATE ON PEACE: As viewed today Peace was shy once out of his mew and walked (or ran) within the clinic at Audubon this morning for his PT exercise. Actually his stance is quite typical of youngsters as they think they are hiding. He actually pranced around the clinic. He is progressing well and weighed in at 6.5#. He was later feasting (behind closed doors in his mew) on his breakfast. Updates will be posted as received from Audubon.

Hope officially branched on Feb 20 and looks ready and eager to be an eagle.
AEF-NEFL Nest

Copyright 2017 American Eagle Foundation - from fb

PattiO

« Reply #425 on: February 22, 2017, 11:19:56 AM »

Well I must say ... I truly do not understand why they removed Peace from the nest.  They've done all kinds of tests and I have not seen them post ONE thing about what is wrong.  They thought she was limping and unsteady on his feet.... ??  So where's the diagnosis??

It's a shame because he should be on his nest being cared for by his parents.  Now he'll have to hacked/released on his own... without learning any survival skills from the adults. 
PattiO

« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2017, 05:12:01 PM »

Hope became the youngest eaglet to fledge from this nest at only 10 weeks, 2 days.

https://www.eagles.org/hope-fledges/

PattiO

« Reply #427 on: September 08, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »

Romeo and Juliet are home and the cameras came back online today.

Now if they can just survive this hurricane!!   pray pray pray pray pray

Its raining there now ... probably not Irma rain, I don't think, but not sure.
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #428 on: September 09, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »

Gosh what a time to return. I hope they will be all right.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
PattiO

« Reply #429 on: September 11, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »

Romeo and Juliet were both spotted today!  They are OK.  Power is out though so the cams are down.
Sherri

« Reply #430 on: September 12, 2017, 03:54:29 PM »

Good news!  thanks!  flower
Pages:  1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: