June 22, 2017, 04:57:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missouri Eagles "Elsie & Eintstein"  (Read 84525 times)
PattiO

« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »

Junior made it to top of a dead tree right next to the nest tree this evening.  Thumper was hoping he'd make it back to the nest before dark but he didn't.  But Einstein was perched just below him at dusk.  Smiley 
PattiO

« Reply #346 on: June 04, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »

He made it!!  Junior is back at the nest!!   love
Sherri

« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2017, 04:51:30 AM »

Great news! ....... thanks Patti!  flower
PattiO

« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »

He wasn't going to miss out on a meal either.  Was probably pretty hungry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNhevhYzzd0&feature=youtu.be
PattiO

« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2017, 12:16:43 PM »

An update on Elsie today. Smiley

I stopped by columbia awhile ago on the way home from work and met the lady that will be giving us updates on Elsie,,I would also like to say this sure looks like a fist class operation, many buildings at the facility... i had hoped to see Elsie, but she is still in the icu ward and wings wrapped at this time... here is the report we got earlie this afternoon..............................................

PS they are watching the facebook page daily, so they know Elsie is missing her family,,, they are doing all they can to get her back..

Good morning,

I’m sorry that you haven’t received an update regarding Elsie. Abby Rainwater who is the manager for the Raptor Rehab Club has been out of town and she just got back into the office. I sent her an email and she was able to get back to me quickly. Please see the below on how Elsie is doing. If you need anything else please don’t hesitate to ask me I don’t mind at all. I’m so happy that Junior was found, I peeked on the eagles Facebook page and was sadden to hear that he may not have made it and I have to say way to go Dad (Einstein) for taking caring of them while Mom (Elsie) is healing. I hope the update brings you and Jim some comfort knowing that she is doing great! Thanks, Kim

As I updated before, Elsie had surgery, which went fairly well and we are hopeful that she will make a full recovery.

Since that update, I have talked to Elsie's primary vet student. Elsie is eating well and we are keeping her comfortable. Healing will take many weeks, as the pins from surgery will be in for the next month or so. Elsie is also receiving antibiotics and is taking them in a small fish snack very well!

Elsie's pins are being cleaned and maintained each evening. We have a recheck with the surgeon next week, so I will update you and make sure I get a hold of Jim once the recheck has happened. Elsie has to heal and relearn to fly, which will take time! We have high hopes for Elsie and are doing are very best to make sure she will take to the sky again.
Sherri

« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2017, 12:58:28 PM »

Good news for Elsie  love ........ thanks Patti
PattiO

« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2017, 10:52:57 AM »

Mixed news today ... this is going to take her awhile I think.

Elsie doctor report

Elsie's doctor just called me with mixed news,,,, they removed her bandages for the first time,,, the wound is healing,,,, bad news is the smaller bone out further on the wing has a weak blood supply,,,, not something thats gona cause her not to fly,,, but just gona make things go slower,,,, normally 6-8 weeks b4 flight training starts,,, he is estimating 3 months,,, unless the blood flow to the bone starts flowing better... they are going to start removing bandages every 2 days now to monitor her progress,, and he has assured me anything 1 way or the other on a big change he will call me immeditely,,, others wise about once a week reports,,, lets keep good vibes headed elsies way,,, she is gona get through this,,,, now time to go explain this to Einstein,,, which is tough,,, he really acts like he understands what im saying,,, can't wait till the day they get reunited,,,

The familys neighbor Thumper
Sherri

« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2017, 12:16:51 PM »

Good thoughts and prayers for the family -- including Thumper!  love  pray
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: