January 22, 2018, 03:09:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eaglet naming, May 7, 2013  (Read 7126 times)
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »

Barb, sorry you missed out on the voting. We had a week to suggest names and 3 days to vote. I kept trying to remind everyone, but maybe you were not around.

I'm happy to announce that the voting is now closed and that the results are:

Eaglet #1 = Willow
Eaglet #2 = Moxie

Thank you to everyone who voted.

I am glad the voting is over now.

Next time, should we ever run such a naming poll again, I will ensure that the results are not visible to anyone at all until the end of the voting period.

It became apparent that the progress of the voting was being announced and discussed in the Social Stream and there were attempts to encourage other members to log in and vote for one specific name, thus swaying the votes.

What was meant to be fair and light-hearted became something it was not intended to be and I feel that the results of the voting could have been different had this not been the case.

These naming polls were not an "official" naming of these eaglets, but simply names that we, as Forum members, would feel happy and comfortable referring to them. If anyone wants to refer to them by different names, either individually or on other Social networks then that is up to them.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
MaryG

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 04:55:59 AM »

Thanks to you, Laura, for all your efforts on behalf of this poll.  flower  flower

(Too bad that, at times, we live and learn, I guess...  sigh2)
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: