October 22, 2017, 12:17:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cox Reservation Osprey - Essex, MA  (Read 60976 times)
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »

Wonderful news - and sending good thoughts.

Sherri

« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2017, 03:44:22 AM »

As of 7 PM last night, Flow was well into Florida -- not too far from the Crystal River area.  So far, it looks like he is in a hurry.
(hope he doesn't go back to the Lawrence area, but I bet he will  bigsmile)
Sherri

« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »

Hooray!  Flow is 'home'!  love love....... or as close to home without actually getting there!  He is in the general area (give or take a few miles).

This one shows his proximity to Essex

He flew right over Lawrence --- hope he stays away from it.  bigsmile
Be well, young osprey!

midcoast maine

« Reply #378 on: April 22, 2017, 03:43:49 PM »

Hooray indeed!  Thanks, Sherri.  Is he still too young to look for a mate?
Sherri

« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »

midcoast, I don't think he is too young to look for a mate.  Whether he would settle down with one, I'm not sure.....might be young   bigsmile
So glad he is back safe!
midcoast maine

« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2017, 01:28:01 PM »

Has their cam gone live? I didn't see anything there before.  Don't do Facebook so can't follow them there.  If it is live there is a piece of rope which needs to go. However, it's been awhile since the nest was used, yes?   Sherri, where are you finding the tracking for Flow?
Sherri

« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2017, 01:39:55 PM »

midcoast, I think it is live but not sure.  I tried a couple months ago and there wasn't any picture but see what you're seeing now (ie rope etc).

Tracking for Flow
http://www.ospreytrax.com/2017%20Spring.html

He headed toward Lawrence area! .... hope he goes back to the coast!
Sherri

« Reply #382 on: September 29, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »

Very, very sad news today...........we have lost our precious Flow during his migration, reason unknown.  He spent the spring and summer between Maine and New Hampshire shores and Rob figures that is where he might want to settle next year.

We also lost Staddler this week (adult male from Hampton, NH marsh nest)..........he made across the Caribbean to SA on his migration but
something happened -- likely caught up in a storm while crossing and was exhausted.

Unfortunately, not to be...........I am so sad. crying crying

Here is post from Rob/ Ospreytrax this morning.

"Well, the good news is that Shana is down in Florida (along with Layla). She's not showing up yet on the interactive map, but the map should show her down there tomorrow (Friday). The bad news is that we've lost Flow. Here's what we refer to as the "rectangle of death." When we see this over a several-day period, we know the bird is not moving. No idea what happened. I usually blame Great-horned Owls when we see a bird stop moving in a woodlot. The weather was perfect, so we can' blame that. Certainly no hunters around there, so I don't know what else it could be. It is a bit far from extensive forests, so not a spot one would really expect to see a Great-horned Owl, but...
It has been a tough 3 days--losing Staddler, Flow, and Tommy. I was expecting to lose some birds because of the weather, but I wasn't expecting to lose 2 birds over land in perfect weather."

Soar high, Flow --- you were loved so much and will be missed.  love love
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #383 on: September 30, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »

Thank you Sherri for these updates. I haven't been following these birds, but it does show how vulnerable they are, not only to weather, but to other birds of prey and who knows what else they might encounter. We watch and learn, but it's so hard sometimes.  crying

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
Pages:  1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: