April 19, 2024, 07:21:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tech help  (Read 64477 times)
Sherri

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2016, 07:25:18 AM »

Judy and Laura, I didn't know whether you had done the following or not but I just took a few minutes to go through all the topics.
Hope it is helpful and might save you a bit of time if you haven't done it yet.

These are the only ones I could not get through by way of the index title page.
I then tried to access by clicking last post of the topic and could for all of them except Delta as noted below.

Conanicut Creek RI Osprey Cam

Peregrine Falcon Cams

Other Birds

Delta BC Eagle Cams
Cant get thru by last post

World Wide Eagle Cams
nightengale

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2016, 08:25:33 AM »

Thanks Doralyn, JudyB , Laura and Sherri for the replies  bigsmile

I tried the work-a-round and got in fine (thank you JudyB and Sherri!). Once I wrote my post and clicked on post, I received the same error message. I brought up the forum again in second tab, got in with the work-a-round and saw that my post did actually post  puzzled2

The Buffalo peregrine news is not that exciting at the moment, so no great issue ... just posting an update ... not a big deal  bigsmile

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »

Thanks, Sherri and Chris!  Sherri, I had not checked everything - thanks for doing that.   flower  I've made a temporary thread for Delta 2 under Hancock Wildlife Bald Eagle Cams - British Columbia - link is http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=355.msg108579#msg108579; and you can get to a lot of the older posts for Delta 2 using this link - http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=30.msg74#msg74 - though you can't post on the old thread, and I think some pages are inaccessible.

nightengale

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »

Had an issue posting to the Panda thread just now ... clicked 'Post' ... after 6 minutes ... nothing.... clicked again and received a #405 Error notice.

I had copied my narrative ... got out of the forum. Brought it back up ready to paste in the narrative again to see that it in fact did post  shrug

... still getting an error notice when trying to access the Peregrine Thread from the Main Menu ...

8: Array to string conversion
File: /home8/windowon/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2411

... can get in with work-a-round.

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

Doralyn

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »

The above is what I get when trying to click on Chris's Peregrine post....

puzzled2

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 08:37:07 AM »

Hi Chris and Doralyn, Could you possibly try to replicate the problem again and let us know if it still persists.
Thanks,
Laura

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
Doralyn

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2016, 09:34:29 AM »

Hi Chris and Doralyn, Could you possibly try to replicate the problem again and let us know if it still persists.
Thanks,
Laura

OK Laura,
I clicked on the same link, #533 on: May 21, 2016, 05:25:29 PM (it was still in the daily line up at the bottom of the index page) and I got into the post with no problem today.  Also got there by clicking on another link at the Peregrine listing in the index, the "last post".

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2016, 09:54:13 AM »

Thank you Doralyn, maybe I've solved he problem. I did some repairs in the Admin area - wasn't sure if it would work. Fingers crossed.

Sherri

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2016, 11:56:08 AM »

Judy and Laura, I didn't know whether you had done the following or not but I just took a few minutes to go through all the topics.
Hope it is helpful and might save you a bit of time if you haven't done it yet.

These are the only ones I could not get through by way of the index title page.
I then tried to access by clicking last post of the topic and could for all of them except Delta as noted below.

Conanicut Creek RI Osprey Cam

Peregrine Falcon Cams

Other Birds

Delta BC Eagle Cams
Cant get thru by last post

World Wide Eagle Cams

Laura, all of the issues that I had previously tested above, now seem to be resoloved.
Thanks!  flower
nightengale

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2016, 01:34:35 PM »

The Peregrine Thread works today! Just in time to post a pic of the 1st hatchling at the Statler City nest ... a Happy Day! ....

Thank you Laura!

~Chris~ 

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2016, 03:25:41 PM »

rolleyes2 pray I do just hope it is resolved. Thank you Chris.

Judyb and I know that it's a matter of time before we will have to bite the bullet and upgrade to the latest SM Forum software. Currently we are on V1.1.21 and we have the latest updates for this version. However, Version 2 came out a long time ago and we have resisted upgrading to it because the changes are significant - it's not just a case of updating, but upgrading. We have to be sure we know what we are doing with ensuring that the upgrade to the new version carries all the modifications, configurations and ehancements we so carefully built into this Forum and it all takes research, practice and time.

Please do let us know if there are any other issues.

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2019, 12:00:17 PM »

The forum has been offline for several days - and thanks to the tech team at our hosting partners Bluehost - it's back!

If you find anything acting strangely, please let me know.

There explanation of the problem is "There were unwanted codes in the htaccess and I removed them." - and I don't completely understand what means - but I'm noting it here in case we need to mention that in the future.

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2020, 03:06:27 AM »

As mentioned in previous posts in this thread, I have been getting the same error message:

When trying to access various topics and threads here. I thought I was going to have to find a way to modify PHP files, but don't have the information I need in order to do so. Having read above that I did something which corrected the issue previously, I did some Forum Admin maintenance and I think the issue is resolved again, for now. I wonder if anyone else has been having the same error message?

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2020, 01:12:47 PM »

I don't seem to be getting the error message, Laurad, though I'm not completely sure what I was trying to do when I did get it before - things just don't seem to stay in my brain like they once did.  nope  Though I still remember a whole lot about far too many eagle nests!  mhihi

Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: