March 29, 2024, 04:19:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Technical Help  (Read 70117 times)
Shoebutton

« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »

Thanks so much Laura!  Appreciate the response. 

♥♥♥ "Laughter Is An Instant Vacation" ♥♥♥ Milton Berle
Doralyn

« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »

Since there are quite a few pages, instead of reading all, I'm just going to ask -

Is there a setting in our profiles, that I could perhaps set for posting in threads and after
posting, I stay in the thread verses getting brought back to the forum subject lines?

I hope that makes sense.  lol
 Yes, and I will be right back.

Steps:
Click on Profile
Click on Look and Layout on the left
Click on the boxes to make choices, including Taking you back to the same thread after posting.

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
Shoebutton

« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2011, 03:33:36 AM »

Since there are quite a few pages, instead of reading all, I'm just going to ask -

Is there a setting in our profiles, that I could perhaps set for posting in threads and after
posting, I stay in the thread verses getting brought back to the forum subject lines?

I hope that makes sense.  lol
 Yes, and I will be right back.

Steps:
Click on Profile
Click on Look and Layout on the left
Click on the boxes to make choices, including Taking you back to the same thread after posting.

Doralyn, thank you!

♥♥♥ "Laughter Is An Instant Vacation" ♥♥♥ Milton Berle
Sherri

« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2011, 05:50:58 AM »

Many of you know that I am computer illiterate so coming here for some help.  rolleyes2
I have a Power Point slideshow that I want to share on the forum but I can't figure out how to get it posted.
Anyone know?
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2011, 06:07:48 AM »

Sherri, you're not that illiterate  nope innocent

The only way to share that kind of file is to upload it somewhere on the internet and then link to it. Photobucket, Youtube etc., allow you to upload images and video. I just did a search for "sharing PowerPoint on the internet" and came across this free site - I didn't sign up for it, but you might like to look at it. It might be what you want.

http://www.slideshare.net/

I did another search, "YouTube and Powerpoint" and came up with a tutorial on YouTube. It involves a few steps, if you want to follow them, you will learn a bit about Windows Movie Maker in the process.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmOVt_BIAE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmOVt_BIAE</a>

It involves opening your PP presentation, Save As - select JPG format, save all the slides.
Open Windows Movie Maker and import the images. You can then drag them into the timeline, select how long you want to display each slide for, save it as a wmv file and upload to YouTube.

The steps in the tutorial are listed a lot more clearly than I have just given above, but I wanted to give you an idea of what might be involved.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
Sherri

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2011, 06:37:30 AM »

Laura, thank you so much for all the trouble you went to!
Hm-m, sounds like quite a process for YouTube.....that is why I don't do videos.  bigsmile

In the meantime, easier to email the presentation so will do that.  It is really beautiful. nod2
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2012, 01:08:15 AM »

I am getting an error message when I try to click through to the old Forum.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function r() in /home/hostingp/domains/hostingphpbb.com/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 505"

This is the link I use for the Old Forum
http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index.php?mforum=tdbc
I have a shortcut on my desktop, but when I click on the link from the Forum here, I get the error message.. what a mystery. Why should it work from my desktop but not from here?

Lori

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »

No idea Laura .. I've tried everything I can think of too. All my bookmarked links for the old forum still work too, just not if you try to post them on this forum.  puzzled2
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »

Thank you for trying Lori, it is mysterious. The link used to work, what has changed?  puzzled2

Lori

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2012, 04:33:50 AM »

It's driving me crazy too. It has to be some quirk that this forum doesn't like all of sudden. I wonder if you do the migration that the old forum wants you to do if it would work then?  puzzled2
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2012, 04:49:56 AM »

Does it drive you crazy because you use other links to the old Forum, too? I will have to try and look into it. I know that the URL for the Old Forum is a bit strange - hard to explain.. but the only way I can actually get that link to work is if I have been to the Forum before, i.e., must have something to do with the cookies. If I am on another computer it doesn't always work.

Lori

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2012, 04:57:02 AM »

Anything that I can't get to work drives me crazy.  lollol
I'll see what happens when I get to work on that computer.

ETA--- No luck on this computer either. Tried all different browsers.
Laura, I've never had any problem bringing up the old forum on other computers. I just google Maine Bald Eagle Discussion and it would always come up for me.
You are the the queen of computer program lingo so I bet you'll figure it out.  biggergrin2
PattiO

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »

Ok ... so I post this link here ...

http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index.php?mforum=tdbc

Ha ... and it doesn't work ...... that's really strange.   puzzled2
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2012, 02:09:28 AM »

Thank you both for trying. I think the problem is only with the phpBB Forum.. but it's strange. If you copy and paste the link it does work. I think they may have some kind of redirection going on there as they have changed hands several times and probably use different servers, etc. It means the link in my signature line doesn't work any more.

CLC

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »

I still haven't learned to edit videos, so don't keep it running.  There's supposed to be some sort of windows media editor that comes with windows 7, and when I tried to download it, it said it was already installed, but so far I haven't been able to find it.  rolleyes2

I downloaded windows movie maker 2.6 it is better than the one with windows 7. Much easier and you can take pics out of your videos..  this says vista but works with 7   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34

Sir Lance  All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: