October 22, 2017, 03:48:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smith Mtn Lake, VA Osprey Cam 2012 season  (Read 63247 times)
Sherri

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 04:24:51 AM »

7:05 AM
The one on the right came in and the other followed immediately.  They appear to be a pair and they
appear to be on alert.
Someone on the chat that is local said they saw 4 osprey circling yesterday just out of sight to the left of the cam.

ETA 7:45
Well, maybe they weren't a pair! chatters indicate that this one wound up pushing the other off the nest!  shock
I got busy after posting the above but I didn't notice any aggression or submissiveness between the two
at all.  Guess I should have kept watching!  lollol
A couple of the chatters seem to be familiar with the pair and indicate they believe this is the resident
female, 'Ginny'.

Sherri

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 10:03:35 AM »

According to SS, they have egg(s) here but I haven't found out when or how many.
....and the osprey aren't cooperating for me to have a look so far.  bigsmile

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »

This looks like a lovely location - but I think not a cam I'm going to watch.  I checked the cam page with the idea of adding it to my spreadsheet, and learned that there were two chicks, but one was taken by a predator (maybe owl?) and the other found on the ground beside the nest; that chick was returned to the nest initially, and it's not clear if it died there or if it died while being taken to rehab - but either way, they again lost their chicks.  crying

Pages:  1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: