January 22, 2018, 09:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcements and Breaking News  (Read 118576 times)
midcoast maine

« Reply #990 on: May 26, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »

Yes, I saw those videos. The female looked terrible.  I guess they think it a good sign that she was able to fly,  for whatever reason.  Has anyone seen the male at the nest?
NJudy

« Reply #991 on: May 26, 2016, 04:52:48 PM »

It just read this update in FB
May 26th ~posted by a mod at the Decorah North Nest this morning:

“Here is a brief morning update – those of you who read this please feel free to re-post. Mom is resting in the nest and appears to be more alert than she was yesterday evening. Dad is perched nearby on a favorite branch. DN1 looks normal (still) and is resting also. There is a constant gentle rain in the area and we are continually monitoring the situation. Thank you for your care and concern. We will give an update later today on progress.”
bonbon

« Reply #992 on: May 27, 2016, 07:44:35 AM »

approx. 10:00am
Miracle on the Chesapeake!
After being exposed in rainy low 50F weather for 7+ hours...
We have a HATCH on the Chesapeake Conservancy nest!!!
(Can you tell I'm in shock! Excited!)
Pictures are blurry - will post when possible!

Bonnie
midcoast maine

« Reply #993 on: May 27, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »

Patti has info about the intervention on the Decorah page. Dead chick was removed.  Remaining one looking ok and Mom is back feeding it.
midcoast maine

« Reply #994 on: May 27, 2016, 10:37:51 AM »

On a more cheerful note, there is a nice nh loon cam at loon.org.,click on the cam box on their main page. No night vision, and audio is kept pretty low because of neighbors, but the video is nice.  Female at least 22 years old! Hatch expected around June 11.
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #995 on: May 31, 2016, 02:13:19 AM »

Patti has info about the intervention on the Decorah page. Dead chick was removed.  Remaining one looking ok and Mom is back feeding it.

That's great, did they put the cam back on?

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
midcoast maine

« Reply #996 on: May 31, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »

It's been working every time I've looked in, but perhaps they had some thunderstorms up in the New Hampshire lakes region this weekend. Did you know the Mom is at least 22 years old ? If I hear any more I will post it in the Loon thread below.  Just didn't want to get it mixed up with the Minnesota ones.
midcoast maine

« Reply #997 on: May 31, 2016, 10:36:25 AM »

Sorry, I was replying to the wrong message.  Yes,Laura, last I looked the cam was working at Decorah north.
Sherri

« Reply #998 on: May 31, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »

On a more cheerful note, there is a nice nh loon cam at loon.org.,click on the cam box on their main page. No night vision, and audio is kept pretty low because of neighbors, but the video is nice.  Female at least 22 years old! Hatch expected around June 11.

Midcoast......awesome --- thanks!  flower
Think we should have thread for them.

22 yrs old --- wow!!

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #999 on: May 31, 2016, 01:05:54 PM »

It looks as if we have a section for Loon Cams down towards the bottom of the main page.  Midcoast or Sherri - if one of you would like to start a thread, go for it!  The person who starts the thread will be able to edit the first post to update it when the URL for the cam changes, or to add information about when eggs were laid and when they hatched and other significant dates for each year - and I always recommend leaving a blank/"reserved" post after the introductory post or posts, in case there's more information we want to add later.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Smiley

Sherri

« Reply #1000 on: May 31, 2016, 01:11:50 PM »

It looks as if we have a section for Loon Cams down towards the bottom of the main page.  Midcoast or Sherri - if one of you would like to start a thread, go for it!  The person who starts the thread will be able to edit the first post to update it when the URL for the cam changes, or to add information about when eggs were laid and when they hatched and other significant dates for each year - and I always recommend leaving a blank/"reserved" post after the introductory post or posts, in case there's more information we want to add later.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Smiley

midcoast, you want to do it?  bigsmile
bonbon

« Reply #1001 on: June 01, 2016, 03:48:06 AM »

One of the Chesapeake Conservancy osprey chicks disappeared overnight (last night some time) ...intruder???
 crying

Bonnie
midcoast maine

« Reply #1002 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »

Sherri, I am totally inept at such things. If no one has the time to set it up, which is understandable, I will be keeping an eye on the nest, and will add anything of importance to the existing loon thread for now.  Apologies.
Sherri

« Reply #1003 on: June 03, 2016, 04:59:03 AM »

Sherri, I am totally inept at such things. If no one has the time to set it up, which is understandable, I will be keeping an eye on the nest, and will add anything of importance to the existing loon thread for now.  Apologies.
midcoast, no problem -- I'll do it as soon as I get a chance. bigsmile
Sherri

« Reply #1004 on: June 03, 2016, 05:01:32 AM »

As of yesterday, the 4th egg hatched at the Boulder Co (Longmont) osprey nest.

2015  4 eggs laid -- 4 chicks hatched  love
http://www.bouldercounty.org/os/openspace/pages/ospreycamera.aspx

We have a thread here on our forum for this nest and I posted the eggs and hatching info there
http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=225.msg109042#msg109042

06-03-16 ETA 12:20  Apparently one of the chicks passed overnight.
See our forum thread for more information
Pages:  1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: