December 11, 2017, 12:01:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 310 311 [312]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norfolk Nest Daily Discussion  (Read 648066 times)
PattiO

« Reply #4665 on: April 26, 2017, 06:54:19 AM »

Missing Mom today .... six years........... ;(

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #4666 on: April 26, 2017, 04:12:46 PM »

Wow, 6 years. Amazing how much time has passed. This was also one of the best webcams and nests and I miss it very much also.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
PattiO

« Reply #4667 on: May 08, 2017, 05:47:28 PM »

Poor Camellia ...  crying crying

http://pilotonline.com/life/wildlife-nature/camellia-a-bald-eagle-born-in-norfolk-euthanized-after-being/article_2f640175-2422-5f89-92b0-5cea5a939700.html
Sherri

« Reply #4668 on: May 09, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »

crying crying  So sad.  I hope they find the person who did this and actually DO something about it.

RIP Camellia  love love
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #4669 on: May 09, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »

Such sad news - I just can't understand some people....  crying

PattiO

« Reply #4670 on: September 01, 2017, 07:03:13 PM »

HK from 2009 .... hoping he can recover!!  Sad

Amidst much interest and fanfare, we admitted one of Virginia "famous" eagles this afternoon. Fortunately, the prognosis on this bird seems to be pretty good. "HK" a male eagle hatch in 2009, in the nest that used to be located in the Norfolk Botanical Gardens, was apparently hit by a car this morning. Fortunately, local animal control officers and volunteer rescuers got to him quickly. Certified Wildlife Rehabilitator Harley Thomas White, took the injured eagle to Midway Veterinary Hospital, where Dr. Tony Poutous examined the bird and stabilized him for transport to the Wildlife Center. News of this bird's injury spread like wildfire, even before he got to the Center, we were getting bombarded with questions about his condition. The bird was thoroughly examined, shortly after Tommy got him there. We found that Dr. Poutous had expertly identified the bird's primary injuries--a broken right leg and some generalized internal trauma. Our vet team is very optimistic that the leg fracture can be repaired surgically. So, the prognosis is pretty good, unless some of the internal injuries turn out to be more than they appear to be now. This is one very lucky bird, to have survived the collision and to have had so many people, ready willing and able to help.

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #4671 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:14 AM »

Thank you Patti for bringing this news to us. I do hope it recovers. This is the other nest/cam that I really miss. I wonder if they were successful in getting the eagles away from the airport vicinity after all.

Sherri

« Reply #4672 on: September 03, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »

HK from 2009 .... hoping he can recover!!  Sad

Amidst much interest and fanfare, we admitted one of Virginia "famous" eagles this afternoon. Fortunately, the prognosis on this bird seems to be pretty good. "HK" a male eagle hatch in 2009, in the nest that used to be located in the Norfolk Botanical Gardens, was apparently hit by a car this morning. Fortunately, local animal control officers and volunteer rescuers got to him quickly. Certified Wildlife Rehabilitator Harley Thomas White, took the injured eagle to Midway Veterinary Hospital, where Dr. Tony Poutous examined the bird and stabilized him for transport to the Wildlife Center. News of this bird's injury spread like wildfire, even before he got to the Center, we were getting bombarded with questions about his condition. The bird was thoroughly examined, shortly after Tommy got him there. We found that Dr. Poutous had expertly identified the bird's primary injuries--a broken right leg and some generalized internal trauma. Our vet team is very optimistic that the leg fracture can be repaired surgically. So, the prognosis is pretty good, unless some of the internal injuries turn out to be more than they appear to be now. This is one very lucky bird, to have survived the collision and to have had so many people, ready willing and able to help.

Thanks Patti..........poor HK  love love Prayers for him........thankfully he is where he will have great care.
PattiO

« Reply #4673 on: September 04, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »

Laura .... Dad Norfolk has a new mate, and nest (off Garden property, but I think still somewhat close).

They raised 3 eaglets this year!!
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #4674 on: September 05, 2017, 08:47:55 AM »

That's great Patti. I did just wonder if their efforts to move eagles along and away from the airport was worth it in the end, or if the eagles are still nesting close by. It was such a sad time.

PattiO

« Reply #4675 on: September 09, 2017, 08:42:06 PM »

HK didn't make it.   crying  Died under anesthesia today while they were trying to restore circulation in his leg.  Sad  Sad 
Sherri

« Reply #4676 on: September 10, 2017, 07:44:02 AM »

crying
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #4677 on: September 10, 2017, 02:58:08 PM »

Oh no...  crying that is very sad news.

PattiO

« Reply #4678 on: September 11, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »

I believe Duane took a lot of pics of HK at his nest at the golf course.  I feel bad for his mate. Sad   crying
Pages:  1 ... 310 311 [312]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: