February 20, 2018, 06:26:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 419 420 [421]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Friendly Chat, Creative & Information Thread  (Read 789902 times)
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6300 on: February 02, 2018, 11:28:26 AM »

I must admit it feels a bit like extortion, but I ended up "upgrading" to their personal hosting plan.  It all feels a bit poorly planned - my confirmation mentions "Photobucket Essentials" and "Plus 200" but not "Premium Plan" (which was the name on the offer).  Ah well - we'll see what happens.  I'm adding a picture from my account here to see if stays here.

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6301 on: February 02, 2018, 06:07:59 PM »

Well done Sherri  innocent Out of interest, how much did it cost you?

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6302 on: February 03, 2018, 07:49:23 AM »

I'm Judy, not Sherri  innocent - and it cost $100 for one year - which is 4 times what I had been paying for the last few years.  It will also renew automatically at the current rate (whatever that may be a year from now) using the credit card on file, unless I tell them to stop - though I might be able to turn off the automatic renewal.

Unlike Sherri and Patti, I don't have a lot of pictures there, because I do tend to post first on the Hancock forum, then link to those pictures - and unfortunately the link to those pictures will probably break when the new HWF website and forum go live, because the URL for the archived version of the current forum will change.  But I don't post that much anywhere these days, so it won't matter that much.

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6303 on: February 03, 2018, 09:12:53 AM »

blush2 Oops, my apologies, Judyb - I automatically related the Ospreys to Sherri for some reason. Thanks for explaining about Photobucket and also the links to HWF. There never seems to be a good "forever" and possibly "free" option. Things move on.

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6304 on: February 09, 2018, 02:40:06 AM »

Finally, after years of wishing and hoping, I have a webcam in a Blue-tit nest box in my garden and the little birds are already visiting. They haven’t brought any nest materials in yet and don’t lay until about April, I think. I need to work out how to live stream it. I think I can do it through YouTube for free, but restricted to 8 hours at a time, which means I need to manually reset it. I think there is a paid-for option which I am looking into, as I also want to keep an eye on the nest while away, so have to find a solution.

I have a quandary. I moved the old nest box further down the wall in order to install the new one with the cam. I’ve seen the birds visit both nests. The old one doesn’t have a webcam. It would be a great pity if they decide to use the old nest and not the new one. Should I be “mean” and remove the old box and therefore force them to use the new box?

Sherri

« Reply #6305 on: February 09, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »

.............Should I be “mean” and remove the old box and therefore force them to use the new box?

Laura, nice that you have the webcam to be able to enjoy your birds.  Think it is a matter of you choosing what is best for your own viewing.
If they use the 'other' box you can still see it, just not from the cam.  However, as long as they aren't nesting now and they have been using
the new one, I see no harm in taking it down.
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6306 on: February 10, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »

Thanks Sherri, I know you're right. Either that or I have to find a way to put a wifi camera in there. The new one is wired, but I think it's too far from my network. I think birdbox removal is the answer and they will concentrate on the new one.

PattiO

« Reply #6307 on: February 13, 2018, 02:05:02 PM »

I know that most of our 'old' members don't post anymore .... but ... (and this is going to sound awful because I haven't even realized how long it's been) ...... has anyone heard from Doralyn?  She hasn't posted since May 2017. 
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6308 on: February 13, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »

I haven't heard from Doralyn, but then we don't email. Perhaps someone should drop her a line to see if she is all right? I miss all our freinds who used to be here regularly  sosad rolleyes2

Jwnix

« Reply #6309 on: February 13, 2018, 04:54:02 PM »

Judy, I ALWAYS cancel the auto Renewal!!!  It’s easier to make a payment than try to get a refund!!!

It will also renew automatically at the current rate (whatever that may be a year from now) using the credit card on file, unless I tell them to stop - though I might be able to turn off the automatic

Josephine
Sherri

« Reply #6310 on: February 14, 2018, 02:21:22 PM »

I know that most of our 'old' members don't post anymore .... but ... (and this is going to sound awful because I haven't even realized how long it's been) ...... has anyone heard from Doralyn?  She hasn't posted since May 2017.  

I haven't heard anything from Doralyn......I will send her an email.....
...........and Tonya (Maine nest thread) has not posted in quite a few days.  Hermit has tried to contact her but no reply as yet.

ETA  4:30
I just sent email to Doralyn, hoping all is well.
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6311 on: February 17, 2018, 02:20:53 PM »

Judy, I ALWAYS cancel the auto Renewal!!!  It’s easier to make a payment than try to get a refund!!!

It will also renew automatically at the current rate (whatever that may be a year from now) using the credit card on file, unless I tell them to stop - though I might be able to turn off the automatic

I agree with the concept - but I'm not good at remembering to renew things manually.  blush2  I will put a reminder on my calendar to check on this a month or two before it's due to renew, just to see what they're saying then!

Pages:  1 ... 419 420 [421]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: