January 21, 2018, 11:46:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 417 418 [419] 420   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Friendly Chat, Creative & Information Thread  (Read 771710 times)
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6270 on: January 01, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »

They really are very sweet and cute little children and must be so much fun to have around. I'm enjoying my granddaughter who is nearly 2 - when I can see her, which isn't often enough as the live over 4 hours away in Wales.

Patti, I'm so, so sorry about your nephew. One never really recovers from something like this - it hurts so much. So sad, so young.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6271 on: January 03, 2018, 05:57:51 PM »

My doctor recommended turmeric, which may be helping a bit more than the formal medicine I'm taking.  I need to see how that works out before trying anything else, but if things don't improve, I'll definitely give that a try, Laura.

Judy, how do you take and how much do you take of Turmeric? I have a small jar of Turmeric powder which I occasionally add to my cooking, but I have no idea how much to use for "medicinal" benefits or how to consume it.

Laura, I'm taking this - https://bioschwartz.com/products/turmeric-curcumin-with-bioperine-1500mg-95-standardized-curcuminoids - at double the suggested dose - and haven't a clue how it relates to any other forms of turmeric, other than having read that the bioperine makes it easier to digest, so more of it actually gets to your body. 

What I probably should have done (and maybe will do if I decide to continue taking it - things have been worse the last few days, though it's the nature of arthritis to have good days and bad days for no apparent reason) is find a natural food store that carries it, with the idea that maybe they know more about it.  My doctor said to take 3000 mg/day, but didn't provide much more information than telling me that some drug stores carried it and that he thought I could find it at WalMart.  rolleyes2

Patti - big hugs.  Such a sad thing.  crying

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6272 on: January 05, 2018, 06:35:17 AM »

Thanks for sharing the link. I had no idea you could buy Turmeric in a tablet form and always wondered just how much from my spice jar of Turmeric would suffice for "medicinal purposes". I do add it to some foods, not not frequently. I do hope you also give ACV a try.. I'm so convinced it helped my knees. I try to take it when I remember. If you buy a nice one it doesn't taste too bad and with some honey, even better (if you like honey).

Where do you have arthritis, if it's ok to ask? I get a little in my finger joints from time to time.
Good luck and all the best for 2018.

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6273 on: January 08, 2018, 10:47:18 AM »

Where do you have arthritis, if it's ok to ask? I get a little in my finger joints from time to time.
Good luck and all the best for 2018.

Some days it feels as if the question is more which joints aren't affected, Laura.  mhihi

So - my knees, my ankles, some joints in my feet (haven't tried to figure which ones), my left shoulder, my right elbow, my wrists, almost all the joints in my hands (my little fingers are looking pretty good but the rest look a bit like sausages and don't bend very much (fortunately the angle they're stuck at is good for typing   bigsmile ).  I'm not sure if I have arthritis in my right shoulder, but I did something to it that makes it hard to raise my arm - I'm having therapy for that, but not much improvement yet.

Only a few of them hurt, and those mostly when I move them just the wrong way; mostly I'm just stiff, and have to focus on moving my joints when I walk because if I don't make a bit of an effort (especially in the morning) I look a bit like Frankenstein's monster.  mhihi  Charlie has to put on my socks because I can't reach my toes in the morning - but for the most part I can cope reasonably well, and I know it could be a lot worse, though I do get frustrated.  My doctors talked on Friday and are getting ready to start a different course of treatment, because it was very clear that my joints are getting worse when they should be at least starting to improve - so here's hoping.

And to end on a more fun note - here's Chelsea's latest toy:

And the story behind it - http://www.judybmaine.com/misc/chelsea2.htm

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6274 on: January 09, 2018, 02:04:30 AM »

Oh Judy, I had no idea you had it so bad!  nope I do hope you find some relief.  flower I struggle to put my socks on, but it's only because I am less supple than I used to be, not in pain! I'm still playing tennis too.

I love the yurt story of your cat Chelsea. You can't make cats do anything they don't want to do, but when they make the choice themselves, then it seems to work. They are very able to find somewhere cozy to sleep. I think they quite like a hammock-type of bed also.

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6275 on: January 09, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »

Some days are better than others, Laura - and hopefully they will find something that helps soon.

Chelsea is sleeping in her yurt as I type.  flower

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6276 on: January 09, 2018, 07:58:04 AM »

Happy Birthday, Sherri!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

PattiO

« Reply #6277 on: January 09, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »

Happy Birthday Sherri!! 

Hope have a wonderful day .... stay in and stay warm!  Orrr .... go on an Eagle hunt!  Smiley
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6278 on: January 09, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »

SHERRI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Wishing you a very happy day and hoping you're staying warm. I miss all the interactions we all shared, it's nice some of us are still here  love mhihi flower

hermit

« Reply #6279 on: January 10, 2018, 12:54:12 AM »

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes, Sherri.
Sherri

« Reply #6280 on: January 10, 2018, 09:22:43 AM »

Judy, Patti, Laura and Hermit.........thanks so much for the birthday wishes.  flower  It was a great day!
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6281 on: January 10, 2018, 05:55:28 PM »

Sherri - love Thumbs-up hug

nightengale

« Reply #6282 on: January 12, 2018, 08:15:00 PM »

Ugh .... I'm late for Birthday wishes for Sherri .... hope that your day was extra special Sherri!  cake

.... miss you all .... just busy with work .... harder to divvy up time as one gets older  sigh2

Not sure if everyone caught the Toronto Zoo Panda footage .... posted like on the Panda Thread .....

http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=6.2265#lastPost

Sending love to everyone  heart0

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6283 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:53 AM »

Great seeing you here, Chris - and I think we're all running into the "too little time" syndrome!  Thanks for the link to the panda video - I think I'd forgotten that Toronto also had twins - seems like there's a lot of them this year.  Such fun to see Mom playing with the cubs.

Sherri

« Reply #6284 on: January 13, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »

Ugh .... I'm late for Birthday wishes for Sherri .... hope that your day was extra special Sherri!  cake
Thanks Chris!  it was extra special......turned 75!  lol 
Pages:  1 ... 417 418 [419] 420   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: