February 21, 2018, 01:48:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Friendly Chat, Creative & Information Thread  (Read 790590 times)
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6255 on: December 17, 2017, 04:24:16 AM »

Gosh, no one has posted in here since 24th November. I hope everyone is fine and looking forward to Christmas.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
PattiO

« Reply #6256 on: December 23, 2017, 11:26:52 PM »

It's just not what it used to be Laura.  Makes me sad.  We had so many members posting everyday.  I admit I don't have as much time to watch the cams and post as I used to .... but when egg laying time comes around I try hard to keep up.

The thing is .. so many people are on Facebook now.  The BCAW forum created their own FB page ... and there's many others.  It would be nice if more of us could connect there ... many even have our own WOW FB page. 

I still come here as much as I can ... and hopefully more after the holidays ... with more Eagle eggs to come!! Smiley

If anyone wants to connect with me on FB ... I'm Patti Lewis Ollendyke ... just send me a friend request and maybe a private message so I'm sure of who you are!
Sherri

« Reply #6257 on: December 24, 2017, 06:45:10 PM »

Merry Christmas to all and may your New Year be blessed with good health and happiness!  love
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6258 on: December 25, 2017, 04:16:20 AM »

Merry Christmas Sherri, Patti and everyone. I hope you have a lovely day.

Patti I feel sad too that not too many people are coming to the Forum any more. I don't do too much on Facebook so would not be following any groups there and I don't watch the too much cams anymore.

I too check here almost every day.

bonbon

« Reply #6259 on: December 26, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »

Hoping everyone had a Safe, Happy, Warm and Merry Christmas!
x0x00x0x
 flower

Bonnie
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6260 on: December 29, 2017, 10:01:16 AM »

Hi Laura, Patti, Sherri, Bonnie and all - and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Here's a picture of Chelsea Girl helping us move things around as we were getting ready for Christmas - I brought the crate to move a few things out of the room where we were putting the tree - and she instinctively knew that it would be much easier for me to pack stuff away if she demonstrated exactly how much would fit in the crate!  mhihi

I'm afraid I probably won't be here a lot either.  Hancock Wildlife is completely redoing its website and forum, so I'll be busy with that - and my arthritis is acting up, which means I really should limit my time at the computer - we'll see how well that works....
 hide

Anyway, wonderful to hear from all of you - and best wishes for a wonderful New Year!

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6261 on: December 29, 2017, 06:02:18 PM »

So nice to see a post from you Judyb and I love your Calico cat. My daughter has a cat that looks so similar, called Kitty (so original  mhihi ). I do so miss having a cat, but also love the freedom of being able to get up and go.

Seems you will be very busy with HWF website etc.. but no need to stay too far from here  pray mhihi  As far as the arthritis is concerned, have you heard of a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of honey with a little warm water? I found that after a few days (drinking it) it helped a lot.

Take care of yourselves and happy new year to everyone.  flower

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6262 on: December 29, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »

My doctor recommended turmeric, which may be helping a bit more than the formal medicine I'm taking.  I need to see how that works out before trying anything else, but if things don't improve, I'll definitely give that a try, Laura.

hermit

« Reply #6263 on: December 29, 2017, 10:58:37 PM »

JudyB, your cat, Chelsea Girl, is beautiful.
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6264 on: December 30, 2017, 09:45:47 AM »

Thanks, hermit - we do love her.  flower

Jwnix

« Reply #6265 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »

My doctor recommended turmeric, which may be helping a bit more than the formal medicine I'm taking.  I need to see how that works out before trying anything else, but if things don't improve, I'll definitely give that a try, Laura.

Have heard great things about turmeric, as well as,”golden milk”,which I’ve not made yet!
Have also heard from several re:benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar!!! Not me, yet! 

Josephine
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6266 on: December 30, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »

Judy, how do you take and how much do you take of Turmeric? I have a small jar of Turmeric powder which I occasionally add to my cooking, but I have no idea how much to use for "medicinal" benefits or how to consume it.

Jwnix.. a lot of people don't like vinegar, but for some reason Apple Cider Vinegar isn't very "vinegary" if that makes sense. It doesn't taste too strong. I have no idea if it's a coincidence or if it actually worked, but for a couple of weeks I took it regularly and I feel convinced it helped with some osteo-arthritis in my knee - the dose was one teaspoon each of ACV and honey with a small amount of warm water to disolve - drink it back.. ugh.. but not too bad.

The other thing I have been really successful with is applying a small amount of ACV on cottonwool and then a plaster/bandage on a small wart or skin blemish for 3 days, (re-applying each day) - Three days later small wart has dried up and gone.

Sherri

« Reply #6267 on: December 31, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »

Happy New Year everyone!

Hope 2018 brings good health and  happiness to all!

Judy, love the picture of Chelsea Girl ....... and glad she is so helpful!  Smiley
........ and do hope your arthritis flare up will subside soon.
PattiO

« Reply #6268 on: December 31, 2017, 06:01:43 PM »

Not sure how much longer my PB account will still link my photos (I refuse to pay what they are asking). . . but I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a looking forward to a Happy New Year.  We had a bit of a sad Thanksgiving  - my 31 year old nephew committed suicide while living alone in Indiana.  My brother spent the day with us regardless and we had a memorial service for him after the holiday.  It's been very hard for my brother and SIL and my niece.

Nevertheless ... I enjoyed Christmas with everyone here - still getting used to doing all the work to feed everyone after having my parents host us for many, many years.  This year was 13 adults and 3 kids!!  Chaos ... pure chaos!  <3 Smiley

Kaden, Veda & Luna 2017

Sherri

« Reply #6269 on: January 01, 2018, 04:56:10 AM »

Such a beautiful picture of the children!  Veda is looking so grown up as it seems like yesterday she was born.  Time does
fly! I can see 'you' in all three of them.

Patti,  sosad  so very sad that your nephew took his life.  Mental health is such a key to success for this generation as more and
more seem to feel they have no worth and nothing to live for. 
Much love and prayers to your brother and his family........and to yours.  hug
Pages:  1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: