October 19, 2017, 02:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 412 413 [414] 415   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Friendly Chat, Creative & Information Thread  (Read 717154 times)
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6195 on: June 18, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »

A little late, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday hermit.

We are in Australia having a nice time with my 2 brothers who live here. It poured with rain for the first week but it's nice and sunny now, even though it is winter.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
Jwnix

« Reply #6196 on: June 18, 2017, 04:59:19 PM »

LauraD....  so glad to see you are still having sunny weather!!   what adventures you must be having!!!

Josephine
Sherri

« Reply #6197 on: June 19, 2017, 06:15:56 AM »

A little late, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday hermit.

We are in Australia having a nice time with my 2 brothers who live here. It poured with rain for the first week but it's nice and sunny now, even though it is winter.

Laura, glad the sun finally came out!   hope you have been able to get out exploring (and take pictures of course!).  bigsmile
nightengale

« Reply #6198 on: July 03, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »

National news story on the resurgence of bald eagles in Virginia ....

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-bald-eagle-is-back/

Happy 4th of July to Everyone!

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

Sherri

« Reply #6199 on: July 15, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »

Chris, a belated Happy 4th to you as well.  bigsmile

If anyone interested, here is link to pictures I took at the Milford osprey nest on July 6th.  One of the
fun pictures/series I got was our female coming in with a decent sized fish!   bigsmile
http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=22.msg114387;topicseen#msg114387

...... and another link to pictures of a bear that wandered into the Milford center while I was there on June 15th.
It was quite a thrill to see it come so close.  Hope the poor little fellow made it back to a safe wooded place.
DEEP estimated it was 1-1/2 to 2 years old.
http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=22.msg114154#msg114154

hermit

« Reply #6200 on: July 29, 2017, 02:19:06 AM »

Sherri, I enjoyed your pictures.  bigsmile  I had a young bear in my dooryard last summer, something I had never expected to see!

Does anyone know if Nightengale (Chris) is okay?  She hasn't posted anything since July 11.
Sherri

« Reply #6201 on: July 29, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »

Thank you Hermit  flower.........glad you enjoyed them.
Yikes, scary but quite a thrill to have a bear at your door last year.  I have a wildlife cam set up in my yard and am hoping one
will wander through.  Many more sightings in my town and the surroundings the last couple years.  Poor bears, we're driving them
out of their habitats with 'progress'.  sosad

I haven't heard from or about Chris........actually haven't been in touch with many forum folks recently.  I'll send a PM to see if all is well.

ETA 7:53 PM   
Just sent a message to Chris

nightengale

« Reply #6202 on: July 29, 2017, 08:55:32 PM »

Oh hermit and Sherri .... THANKS SO MUCH for checking on me!

I started a new job in Buffalo a few months back .... lots to do. The Nursing and Phlebotomy Teams have been supervised by a non nursing supervisor until the Director of Nursing position was created .... so, much work to catch up on especially with regard to Nurses. I have a very diverse team .... some very young, some older like me .... all very talented in their own way. Now we are working on the professional support that they need and deserve as they serve our patients in providing the very best care.

You are all in my thoughts even when I don't get over here to post. This forum although not as well visited as it was in the past, serves as a very valuable source of information on the wildlife that we all love  heart0

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

hermit

« Reply #6203 on: July 29, 2017, 09:06:04 PM »

Glad to hear that you're okay, Chris.   bigsmile

Thanks for checking, Sherri.   bigsmile
Sherri

« Reply #6204 on: July 30, 2017, 03:00:24 AM »

Chris and Hermit, you're welcome.  Chris, glad you are ok even though very busy. 
I'm not on the forum as much as previously either so do appreciate Hermit letting us know.
Hugs to all....... bigsmile
PattiO

« Reply #6205 on: July 31, 2017, 10:45:28 AM »

I miss ALL of you even when I'm not here that often!!! 

group hug
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #6206 on: August 01, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »

Me too!  And thanks!

Sherri

« Reply #6207 on: August 08, 2017, 06:09:49 AM »

Happy Birthday Nan! (walpolema)   flower cake
hermit

« Reply #6208 on: August 08, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NAN !
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #6209 on: August 24, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »

I miss ALL of you even when I'm not here that often!!! 

group hug

Same for me. I've been away a lot too and I'm not following any cams or nests at the moment.

Sherri I also have a wildlife cam in my back garden, not that I expect any bears to walk by, but I am always excited when I bring the disk in to see what has appeared. Mostly birds, foxes, cats and I now realise that it's a fieldmouse eating the bird food and not the birds. In fact we hardly have any birds in the garden at the moment, maybe it's just that time of the year, but none are coming to my feeders. I did catch a hedgehog on my wildlife cam at the house in Devon - that was exciting, I had no idea there was one living in the garden.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
Pages:  1 ... 412 413 [414] 415   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: