January 22, 2018, 09:17:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Dog, Burnsville, Minnesota, Peregrine Falcon  (Read 4091 times)
CLC

« on: January 25, 2011, 07:52:17 AM »

Thread not done.. more to come..

Peregrine Falcon Cam

Location: Burnsville, Minnesota, @  Xcel Energy's Black Dog Power Plant on the Minnesota River.  
Local time: Central Standard (CST)
Active: March - May

Black Dog web site and cam link..

Plant Description: Black Dog is a coal- and gas-fired generating station, located on the Minnesota River just south of the Twin Cities.

About Falcon Cam: Three Locations in Minnesota
Our Falcon Cam features three different nest sites at Xcel Energy power plants in Minnesota. Xcel Energy’s involvement with bird cams began with the Falcon Cam in 1997, when the first camera came online to help raise awareness for our partnership with the Raptor Resource Project (RRP) and peregrine falcon conservation efforts. It was installed at our Allen S. King Plant, in Oak Park Heights, Minnesota.
Peregrine falcons find the boxes installed on power plant stacks attractive as nesting sites because they offer some of the same features as the high cliffs, which they naturally prefer. Installed 300 to 600 feet above the ground, the boxes provide a perch where peregrines have an excellent view of the skies around them and can quickly spot and “skydive” for prey. The boxes were first installed at our Minnesota power plants beginning in 1989 to help return peregrines to the Mississippi River Valley.

NAME: Female's name is  Mandy Rose and has a pale purple leg band..  Male?

I see a falcon here almost everyday.. nod2

Sir Lance  All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten
CLC

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:53:59 AM »

puzzled2

Sir Lance  All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten
priscillash

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKi5X0ZUBwk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKi5X0ZUBwk</a> 

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons.16/3/2012
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: