August 18, 2017, 02:53:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lake Jordan Nest Observations, ScreenShots & Videos  (Read 79110 times)
PattiO

« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2014, 10:31:45 PM »

I saw the news today on FB.  It's such a shame to lose both of them.  I had high hopes this one would be able to make a recovery.  What a horrible ordeal they went through ... and for nothing.  Sad  Mother Nature can be so cruel.   crying
Shoebutton

« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »

Quote:

JORDAN LAKE EAGLE FOLKS: Thank you so much for the outpouring of support and compassion that you have shown over the last eight days. We have certainly experienced similar interest in our eaglets born at Carolina Raptor Center, but have never had such a response from the watchers of a wild bird before. Eagles are such a compelling and charismatic species that it truly is an privilege for us at Carolina Raptor Center to be able to treat, rehabilitate, display and train them so that they can be returned back into the wild or educate the public about the importance of birds to our ecosystem. We are honored to have participated in trying to save this bird.

Regards,
The Staff and Volunteers of Carolina Raptor Center

https://www.facebook.com/CarolinaRaptorCenter

♥♥♥ "Laughter Is An Instant Vacation" ♥♥♥ Milton Berle
Sherri

« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »

Oh, how very sad that she couldn't make it through.  crying.... Likely too much against her.

Fly free, soar high with the eagle angels, little one.  love
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2014, 12:27:03 PM »

I knew things were not looking good - but had really been hoping hard for a miracle.  Knowing that the eaglet seemed to be getting worse, I do think they made the right decision - but I wish it could have been different.

Rest in peace, little one, and fly free forever.  brokenheart

group hug

PattiO

« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »

This was posted on their FB page on December 9th.  I never saw it until tonight when someone posted it on the Eaglefriends FB page.

The Jordan Lake Eagle Nest-cam has gone through some major changes this summer after the unfortunate nest collapse of our nest last winter. We have been monitoring the nest site and it does not appear that the pair of eagles will be repairing or re-using the same nest. Instead of a nest focused live feed, we have set up a more all-purpose wildlife camera near the Jordan Lake Dam. For the past several winters we have observed a migrating flock of juvenile and adult bald eagles at the dam site, with some daily counts of 25+ eagles. We also have regular osprey, blue heron, turkey and black vulture sightings, and countless other raptor, songbird, and other species sightings. We have a new camera this year with Pan-Tilt-Zoom capabilities, so we will be able to move the view around and zoom in on things. While we are disappointed that we won't have the opportunity to watch an eagle nest up close, we are also excited about the new viewing opportunities that this year's camera will provide. We are still working on finishing up the installation of the new wildlife cam, and will update the Ustream and Facebook sites once we are getting close to launching the feed.
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: