April 20, 2024, 07:50:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Technical Thread for Slideshows, Screenshots, Videos, GIF's, etc...  (Read 32141 times)
nightengale

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 08:22:29 AM »

As posted over on the Daily Chat Thread  ....
I went into the tech support thread and found the probable reason for my PB upload issues ....from JudyB ..
When I went to upload my latest pictures from Jordan Lake to PhotoBucket, it looked as if I'd have to upload them one at a time - normally I can click on the first one and shift-click on the last one and upload as a group.  I emailed PB to ask about that, and this is what they said:

We have learned there is an issue with Adobe's latest version of Flash which is incompatible with our flash-based uploader.  We have been told Adobe is aware of the problem, as it has affected some functionality on other websites as well.

In the meantime, please try the bulk uploader for images:

http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/Content/Upload/BulkUploader.htm

You may also try uploading images or videos via email:

http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/Content/Upload/EmailPIN.htm

We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The email thing only works for folders on the top level of your account, and the bulk uploader involves clicking on each picture in order, and I'm not sure about the options for assigning titles, which has been part of the upload process before.  No clue when this might be resolved, but wanted to let you know it's a "known issue"!

... I did have a flash update late this afternoon ... ugh rant2

I imagine in time they will get a patch to fix this ... the question is ... how much time? sigh2 I have a customer service request out there ... probably with thousands of others ... will wait it out for the time being ... I was thinking about doing what Chris suggested ... we'll see how much time it take them.

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »

The thing is, Chris/nightengale is that the advice given in your quote above is not that recent, i.e., it does not relate to the most recent Flash update.  rant2

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
nightengale

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »

No I know JudyB ... that was from February of this year when apparently a similar issue developed after a Flash Update. I was looking for possible causes ... and it seems that we have a repeat situation ... Laura and I were able to successfully use PB prior to the Flash Update .... but could not use PB after the update. ... so it seems to be the same type of issue ... hopefully they learned some remedy from the February occurrence and will be able to apply it to the present situation .... hope, hope  rolleyes2

I rarely update as soon as I get the notice ... should have waited this time as I normally do ... ugh  rant2

It always amazes me how these IT companies launch something without a beta test .... to check for compatibility ..... especially regarding compatibility with PB which is so widely used .... discouraging .... grrrrr.

~Chris~ 
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world ~ John Muir

nightengale

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »

Received this response to my PB Customer Support Submission ....

Hello,

Our engineers have found, and fixed the error that was causing uploads to fail.

If you are still experiencing any problems with uploading, please let us know.

Please reply if you have any further questions, comments or concerns.

Thank you.
Danny@Photobucket Support
... I tried an upload ... it worked ... now I'm a happy camper bliss

~Chris~ 

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 05:50:19 PM »

Me too, thanks Chris for keeping us informed. I just tried it and it worked fine. What a relief.

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: