April 23, 2024, 03:29:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Technical Thread for Slideshows, Screenshots, Videos, GIF's, etc...  (Read 32150 times)
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 03:52:32 AM »

Just want to say that FF is doing all I want it to do and I'm loving it. Thanks so much.. and great not having adverts.  applause

.................................................. Expect the Unexpected...
LizzieB

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »

Hi Laurad and Lori - I am intrested in switching to Firefox but am worried that it will prove difficult to 'learn'?  At my age, I get in a panic if things get a bit out of kilter & go back to IE, which annoys me!

Am I just being stupid and should I just shut my eyes, dive in and just sink or swim? hmmm puzzled2

The bird thinks it a favor to give the fish a lift in the air
(Rabindranath Tagore 1861-1941)
Lori

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »

LizzieB .. Just give it a go and if you have issues, come back and we'll help you out. The beauty of it is you still have IE to fall back on. You have 2 browsers. I bet you will only use FF once you get used to it. If you don't like, just uninstall it off your computer. To me it's pretty much just like IE complete with my MSN homepage. bigsmile

So... start here.
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Don't forget to add-on Add Block Plus once you're done.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 10:37:27 AM »

Hi LizzieB and welcome!  love Nice to know you are here and thanks for the email.

Yes, download and install the latest, most up to date FireFox, then install the Adblock Plus. Come back here if you have problems. I've got mine configured as I like, different windows open in their own window AND I can have tabbed windows if I want. So far so good. Then you make it your default browser, this means that every time you click on a link, Firefox will open the site.

LizzieB

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »

Lori & Laurad, many thanks for advice & encouragement.  I had a go and got completely flummoxed as I thought I had set up my 'home page' but next time I went to Firefox, it had all disappeared & I got something called (?)Barnard*, which sounds like a dreaded lurgy!  Anyway, I do now have both Firefox and IE & will keep on trying to work it out.  Will definitely come back for help as & when necessary - thank you both very much.

*turned out to be Babylon and it sure took some stopping!

The bird thinks it a favor to give the fish a lift in the air
(Rabindranath Tagore 1861-1941)
PattiO

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »

I can't remember how to make a title page!   rant2  I think it was on the old forum.  Guess I'll have to look for it tomorrow.   rolleyes2
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

There's this, from the tutorial thread - http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=107.msg2417#msg2417

Or were you asking something else?

PattiO

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »

That's it!!  Smiley  Thanks JudyB!   flower
Lori

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 12:19:24 PM »

Laura .. I saw that you asked in the Maine thread and thought I'd answer you here. My animations are actually video clips that are looped... video to gifs. You have to keep them very short and sweet and I like to try to re-size mine to keep the size and load time down.  bigsmile
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »

Thanks Lori, but how do you transfer video to .gif?

I save video, I import it into Windows Movie Maker, then I run the video, but pause every few seconds and take a screen capture (using a button under the video window that saves the image automatically). It takes a long time to ammass about 40 frames for a 10 second video and it never looks as good as yours. How do you transfer video/frames to .gif? I use JASC (PaintShopPro) Animation shop.

Lori

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »

You need to use a program Laura to convert to a gif format. I use both my capture software and a program I purchased from Leapic.
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »

Lori, does that mean your "leapic" software converts video to .GIF?

What I do is save images.. 30 - 80 and then save them to .GIF deciding on how many FPS.. (frames per second), which is why so many of mine look like slide shows. I have to run the video, click pause, save the image, run the video, click pause, save the image.. 30 - 80 times...!!   lollol then save the animation as a .GIF file. I will look at your suggestion soon.. it's midnight here.. time for.  zzzz

Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 03:46:42 AM »

I updated Shockwave Flash this morning and now can't upload to Photobucket. It seems to be uploading and then I get a red X saying the upload failed. I've tried single uploads, multiple and bulk - all have failed. As anyone got any ideas?

CLC

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 05:09:41 AM »

Try restoring computer to an earlier saved point.. All i can think of...

Sir Lance  All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten
Laurad
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 05:40:16 AM »

I think I'll wait a while, CLC, I read this on the ONZ Tech help Forum from paintnut

Having the same problem Laurad - was hoping it was an issue within photobucket.

ETA - checked their facebook page and this was posted

We are aware of and are currently working on a issue affecting all of Photobucket.com.  We will post updates as we learn more about what's going on.

I guess patience is the best thing.

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: