June 22, 2017, 07:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 - First BRI Maine Eagles egg laid March 16, 2014. Second egg laid March 19, 2014.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maine Bald Eagle Nest 2 Observations, ScreenShots & Video  (Read 72008 times)
birdofprey

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 06:21:33 AM »

This was posted by Bald Eaglecam Today at 11:21 AM on Apr 1, 2011 on the regular BRI Blog

Q: What about the eagles at the BRIeaglecam-Central Maine whose nest was destroyed during a storm last fall?

I am pleased to report that in February a nearby resident did report that she had observed eagles carrying sticks in the same direction toward an area about a quarter of a mile from the original nest. Then just two weeks ago I gott another message indicating that the birds were observed perching in trees within 100 yards of there old nest and carrying sticks. I am hoping for another report soon.

that is hopeful Smiley
Doralyn

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »

Yes, Lesley, and just a few days ago he told me in an email that he'll let me know when it's cammed, if it is.  Here is a portion of an email I got from from him three days ago:

Quote from: Patrick Keenan, April 5, 2011, personal communication to me
Regarding, the eagles at eaglecam2-central Maine.  I have a report of eagles carrying sticks to a location about 1/4th of a mile from the previous nest.  I have not had a chance to make a visit to the site but have passed along the previous report to the online community and to the eaglecam blog.  If we are able to monitor these birds any more closely you will be among the first to know.

I am happy to share that in February we installed a second eaglecam with the assistance of Bill Hanson of NextEra Energy Resources.  We expect that the internet will be connected at that site by no later than April 1st (not a typo but if you've ever worked with and internet provider you will get this joke!).  In fact, I did get a confirmation that they expect to have internet up sometime next week!  Hopefully, this system will be stable and offer nesting eagles...they may have laid over the weekend-without the cam up or an observer on the ground we don't know.

Thanks for enjoying our webcams and being a part of our community.

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
A1ladya

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »

Two eagles were spotted yesterday at Eaglecam2. It was really exciting watching this pair doing "nestorations."  Lets pray for eggs this year. I'm very excited about this season.  I will post pictures of what I saw tomorrow (on my home laptop) as my pictures are on my work PC.  mhihi
Doralyn

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 09:17:33 AM »

Two eagles were spotted yesterday at Eaglecam2. It was really exciting watching this pair doing "nestorations."  Lets pray for eggs this year. I'm very excited about this season.  I will post pictures of what I saw tomorrow (on my home laptop) as my pictures are on my work PC.  mhihi
Hi, A1ladya.  I believe that the cam you are watching is actually our Maine Bald Eagle Nest 3.  The came at this nest (MBENest2, which BRI used to call Cam 2, went down late in the fall of 2010.  We are hoping that the eagles there, our Jack and Jill, will both renest and that BRI will cam them again.  If that happens, this will be our thread for that.

Here is the thread on WOW for BRI's current Eagle Cam 2:
http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=163.75

If you would like to copy your post #35 above over there, do that and then just put the word "deleted" in that post. One of the administrators will delete the post, or it might just remain as you leave it depending what they want to do.

Welcome to WOW.  Glad to have you here nod2

"...that compulsive old scribbler, the universe, jots down another day."
  - "Moose in the Morning, Northern Maine," Mona Van Duyn
A1ladya

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »

:blush2:They should change the name to Eagle Cam 3 then on Ustream....confusing. rolleyes2
JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »

Welcome!  And you're right - it is confusing.  I think I heard that there were some people at BRI who wanted to call the new cam #3 for that very reason, but unfortunately (at least from my perspective) they lost that discussion.

It's one of those times when you really can't win - part of what we're trying to do with these threads is develop a history for each nest - and I think it would also be difficult if we had to note that "the pre-2010 nest 2 pair had two chicks each year we watched, while the post-2010 nest 2 pair...." - or whatever.

Anyway, whatever we're calling them - I do hope they're successful this year!  bigsmile

JudyB
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 08:54:41 AM »

And with an eye to trying to minimize the confusion, I'm going to lock this thread so no new posts can be added.  If we get an update on these eagles from the folks at BRI, I'll be happy to unlock it temporarily so that information can be added.

Here's a link to the thread for what we're now calling nest 2B (formerly nest 3) - and which is listed as NextEra Maine EagleCam 2 by UStream and by the BioDiversity Research Institute (BRI) - http://www.window-on-wildlife.com/index.php?topic=163.0

Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: